Puzzle Strike (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Where has the online version gone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to find the online puzzle strike at the fantasy strike website and found a place holder image. Digging around other links hasn't found the old Unity client. Have Yomi, Puzzle Strike, et al., moved permanently to Steam now or am I just terrible at finding links today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello, unfortunately yes, the browser versions have been discontinued. Around a month ago we had announced this on the FantasyStrike.com forums; you can find our new forums at http://forums.sirlingames.com/categories

Browser support for our Web versions of Yomi, Puzzle Strike and Flash Duel has been steadily declining over the past few years; it was only a matter of time before major browsers like Chrome and Firefox stopped supporting the Unity plugin altogether, so we wanted to get ahead of the curve by officially closing them down.

Also, we are making way for a brand new FantasyStrike.com that is dedicated to our newest game in development, an actual fighting game!

EDIT: Actually yeah it looks like Chrome has already dropped support for the Unity webplayer. I remember it still barely working for me on Firefox but I had to jump through hoops to make it work at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks. IIRC that was the only free/limited way of playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes, there are no longer free methods to play our games online at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Piefer
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I have to wait for the next steam sale. soblue
At over $14, it's not worth it for the occasional play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pity. I had a whole bunch of coins in my account there that I guess have just been gobbled up and gone.

I did try the Steam Puzzle Strike but it wasn't working on my Linux installation so I refunded it. I guess I'll stick to my irregular physical copy playing (hard to justify spending another $30US for the few times I want to try to find another online player for it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vapix
msg tools
mbmbmb
Any news about the guide and the forums at www.fantasystrike.com?

I have some useful links, but I hadn't read all the posts, and now none of the links lead to useful information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
Vapix wrote:

I have some useful links, but I hadn't read all the posts, and now none of the links lead to useful information.

Many (but sadly not all) of the fan guides to the various characters were ported over to the new forum. You can probably find some of your unread guides at:

http://forums.sirlingames.com/c/puzzle-strike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vapix wrote:

I have copies of most of the guides, if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.