Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hogwarts Battle Card List - Google Sheet

Note that the card list itself is on the "List" tab at the bottom of the sheet. If you have a first printing copy of the game, please be aware of the misprint issue explained in the final note.

My count agrees with the manual in every respect. Its also interesting to note that the manual does not break out the year one card count like the mini-manuals do. However, the full game inventory is on the back of the manual, so you can back into the year one totals, or use the sums I've provided on the "Count" tab.

Edit:
12/6 - Known Promo Cards added to the inventory in a separate column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
Its also interesting to note that the manual does not break out the year one card count like the mini-manuals do.

It's on page 4 right at the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
Japan
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to obsessively count all the cards and components when I open a new game, because I have had a lot of bad luck with missing stuff. If I do that with this game, is it really going to spoil things, or is it really not a big deal? Are the spoilers just the types of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are new mechanics in years 4, 6, and 7. The year four mechanic isn't much of a surprise IMHO. The year six mechanic is a new kind of card. It might be spoilery or it might not. The year seven change is both a new mechanic and a new kind of card. Even if you see the cards, you might not figure out how the mechanics related to it work.

The rest of the cards in each year are either new villains or things you add to the Hogwarts deck. It isn't a spoiler in sense that if you think about the items, spell, and people that appear in each book, that usually when the appear in the game. (For example, Tonks doesn't appear in the HP story until book five, so you don't see her card until game five. Surprise!) The spoilers are going to be with respect to what each of the cards do. So if don't mind knowing what cool new abilities are coming, then you its OK to read the cards.

If you still want to count your cards without reading all of them, each deck has a unique backing. My spreadsheet opens to a card count of each type while the individual card listing are on a different tab. You could open each year/box and count the cards based on the backing. So unless you want to verify exactly how many Reparo cards you are supposed to have, you can count your deck without having to look at the faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
Japan
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the information! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended with the correct number of cards, but
Spoiler (click to reveal)
all of my Confundus have Game 6 listed on them instead of two for Game 5 and two for game 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeOP wrote:
I ended with the correct number of cards, but
all of my Confundus have Game 6 listed on them instead of two for Game 5 and two for game 6.

Yep, that's a known issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card count list has been updated to show to correct cards you should have in year five. The relevant note about this problem on the "Count" tab has been updated accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rothschuh
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a typo in the villains section of the list:

You have the game-5 Voldemort twice instead of the game 6 Voldi

Also, two game-2 spells are labelled as Ally2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both fixed. Thanks for the catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the card count for Sword of Gryffindor correct? I got two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Is the card count for Sword of Gryffindor correct? I got two.

It is correct. The mini-manuals give a card count and my manual shows only one Hogwarts card for Game 7. Looks like you duped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.