Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are experienced deck builders (having logged numerous plays in Ascension and Legendary).

We have played several games now (through to game 6) and we've uncovered a semi-frequent opportunity to break the game, resulting in an automatic loss. On multiple occasions now (within the first handful of rounds) we've ended up with Hogwarts cards costing 6+. Unlike almost all other deck builders, there is no alternative way to improve your deck (Maria's in legendary). This results in you not building a deck (breaking the core mechanic) and trying to defeat all villains with ~starting deck.

We are leaning towards a house rule that if you go two straight turns without either buying a card, wiping the board of Hogwarts cards. That said, it's disappointing to have to do that.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already discussed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Santiago
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the game yet, but if I understand you correctly, I would suggest this:

Rule: Once a turn/round you may discard a face up card from the purchase row (not sure of the term) for the top card of the purchase deck.

This would cycle in new cards more often if no one is able to purchase cards because of the high costs of the available cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.