flag msg tools
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

A couple of questions concerning a plot card:

The rules says:
Quote:
At a Plot card, as soon as any player has flipped their Personality
card, the present investigators are committed and cannot walk away.

So, we can walk away from a plot card meanwhile we don't flip the personality card, right?
Because of incorrect timing, we had a single character facing a plot card, this character could wait in the card (if it has not been program differently) and not face the investigation (not flipping the personality card) until other characters showed up in the next hour. Right?

Rules says:
Quote:
Resolve the investigation one Character at a time in any order you choose

Let's imagine 2 characters in this plot card. After both flipping they personality cards both contribute with 3 action points for now. We start resolving investigation with one. Rolls 3 dice and 0 successes.
Can this first character use items, investigation cards or virtues tokens to add more action points and roll more dice at this point? or once one character rolls that is considered resolved investigation for that character?

Thanks,
Francesc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Francesc,

Thanks again for your questions.

When you walk away from an Investigation, you return your Character to the Streets of the Area you are in. So you cannot "wait" at a location for your friends to arrive.

When investigating Dread cards, you may choose to walk away at any time, e.g. after having flipped one or more cards from the Investigation Deck. Simply return your Character Medallion to the Streets of the Area you are in.

In the case of Plot cards, however, as soon as you have flipped a card from your Personality deck, you cannot walk away and must complete the Investigation, i.e. roll dice and suffer the consequences.

You gain extra Action dice by spending Virtue tokens, flipping cards from the Investigation Deck and/or using/depleting Items. This must be done BEFORE you roll. As soon as you have rolled for a Character, that Character gain gain no more dice for that Investigation.

Happy gaming!

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your answers.
It is really great that you take the time to answer our questions.
I having fun playing the game.

Just my modest opinion:
Walking away: It makes total sense.
I think you should add to the rules that when walking away your character returns to the Streets Area (N,S,E,W) that you are in. I cannot find any reference in the rules, at least in the section "Walking Away from an Investigation".

So, based on your answer, we can walk away from from a plot card meanwhile we do it before flipping the Personality deck card. In this case, I think the rules are clear. It is just us.

Extra action dice: I also think that the rules need to be more explicit about "adding extra action points must be done before rolling". In our first game that is what it made sense but we start raising questions in our second.

Thanks again.
Francesc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome. Any feedback is very valuable and it's just fantastic to hear you enjoy the game!

Yup, you got the "Walking Away' rule right now.

Good point about clarifying when you can add dice.

Happy gaming!

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmb
sorry to bother again - but for the case of multiple investigators in one location this still isn't totally clear (at least for me)

Lublang wrote:
You gain extra Action dice by spending Virtue tokens, flipping cards from the Investigation Deck and/or using/depleting Items. This must be done BEFORE you roll. As soon as you have rolled for a Character, that Character can gain no more dice for that Investigation.

Does Investigator B has to announce what items/Investigation cards/Virtue tokens he will use before Investigator A rolls his dice? Or can he check the (roll-)result of Investigator A and the decide what to use? (e.g. to deplete his item and draw 2 Investigation cards)?

Edit: after rereading the rulebook (p.10, steps 3+4) I tend to believe every investigator can decide what to use when his investigation starts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how we played. Mainly based on the statement:
rulebook wrote:
Resolve the investigation one Character
at a time in any order you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Seppel,

You are right.

Each investigator can choose whether to use items, virtue tokens, and/or investigation cards when it is his or her turn to go.

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.