Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adam,

Under 12.4.2, bullet 2, it says:

The Awakening wrote:
Perform the Operation to the maximum extent possible in the selected country (EXCEPTION: Recruit and Plot)

When I look at Recruit (12.3.2) and Plot (12.3.4) I can't seem to see anything there that overrides this "most you can do in the selected country" mandate. Am I missing something? Is the bot not supposed to Recruit or Plot more than once in a country?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Colin,

The exception is referring to the situation where the bot has more Ops + Reserves to use (max 3) for Plot or Recruit than available Plot markers or Cells on the track. In those instances, the bot assumes all rolls will succeed, so decides to designate the extra Ops to Radicalization.

Hope that makes sense.

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah OK, I was reading the Recruit and Plot limits as part of the maximum extent possible, so was looking for something else that didn't exist. Though being pedantic, Recruit and Plot are not exceptions to that rule, but rather they have potential additional limits due to piece availability. I think it was the use of Exception that threw me. If you have 3 Cells in the primary target country, and 3 plots available, you still do the Op to the maximum extent in that country.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.