Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I read the rules looking for when and why you flip the wooden token from the snowflake side to the sun side, or vice versa. Can anyone help?

Or is this aesthetic that it has two sides with different icons, but they don't mean anything?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would guess it’s aesthetic and you put it on whatever side matches the current climate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
If a game needs it, I feel forced to create and implement some variants.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm, maybe depending of which side you are (hot or cold) you could oriented accordingly.

In playtesting I proposed a variant releated to the Climate Marker in order to have a neutral climate icon each round. So, if the marker comes double sided, you can apply it:

- At the beginig of the game, the marker has not a side defined.
- When it moves the first time, it will adopt the climate icon where it goes (cold if it go towards the left and viceversa).
- The Climate Marker icon will remain or change trought the game, depending of it movement.
- Each time you check the climate icons played in the food cards, add to them the respective climate icon of the Marker (that could bring a tie or brake it).
- So, for example, if nobody plays a climate icon the marker will move any way towards the active icon.

That's it! I hope it helps and work for you. If you try it, please comment .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
I read the rules looking for when and why you flip the wooden token from the snowflake side to the sun side, or vice versa. Can anyone help?

Or is this aesthetic that it has two sides with different icons, but they don't mean anything?

Thanks!

It's just aesthetic (like the art on the cards). We tried to build a use into the mechanics but didn't find anything that we thought added enough to the experience to warrant an additional rule.

You can try playing it with the rule Ariel suggested above. It works well in a 2-player game, but it's not very impactful with more players. You can also have the Climate Marker be an amount of icons equal to the number of players, but that makes it a little too impactful in a 5 player game - meaning it can be difficult to change the direction of the climate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
We will select the side based on the temperature of the room we are playing in. If we would like it cooler, snow side up. If we want it warmer, sun side up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.