Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve mathers
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
You can do this if you have 2 copies in your group.

Obviously you should also use some of the expansion factions mixed in - crons, nids, tau or guard!

Everybody gets 3 tiles, but only gives 1 of their objective tokens to each other player.

Grid size is 4x5, but with 2 designated opposite corners OOB, so as to have the 18 tiles. A variant of that would be 2 designated missing opposite corner tiles being treated as single void spaces.

Objective token placement is 2 on the first tile, 2 on the second tile and 1 on the last tile that you place.

Winner is whoever gets 3 of their objectives first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Flierl
Germany
flag msg tools
stevenmathers wrote:

Grid size is 4x5, but with 2 designated opposite corners OOB, so as to have the 18 tiles. A variant of that would be 2 designated missing opposite corner tiles being treated as single void spaces.

I'm afraid, I did not get it. Could you please elaborate this a bit? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
mb
OOB = Out of Bounds?

X X X X O
X X X X X
X X X X X
O X X X X

Its just a guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 20 Tiles with 2 randomly drawn adjoined tiles set out first, and players make the map building off from those two...this worked fine...5-player, 6-player no problem, really doesn't take but a couple of simple adjustments and no special HR's really, this game adapts very very easily to 5 & 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mathers
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Sorry, I meant as below diagram by Dusty. Either those missing tiles marked O are Out Of Bounds or they are treated as a single void space. Actually I like the later idea best.

X X X X O
X X X X X
X X X X X
O X X X X
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mathers
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Scott, how did you handle objective tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevenmathers wrote:
Scott, how did you handle objective tokens?

Hey Steve, doing this from memory, IIRC, we used 7 victory space markers per player for 6-player, with victory at 5 (to shorten the game slightly), and 6 for 5-player, with victory at 5 as well. It may sound easier, but it isn't because there are more players, more armies/navies to fight through.
We dealt out 2-2-2-2-1 victory markers clockwise around the table for 6-player, and 2-2-1-1 clockwise for 5-player. Again, this is from memory, but it seemed to be pretty easy to make it work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
If someone tries this I'm curious about how long the playtime is. My group has problems with just four because it ends up being a five hour game. Love the idea though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:
If someone tries this I'm curious about how long the playtime is. My group has problems with just four because it ends up being a five hour game. Love the idea though.

It was a little over 5 hours with 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are our ideas for five and six Player maps:

1. we created some victory points for the New amazing races created by Steve. I will upload them as soon as I manage to change the PDF data into JPEG.

2. a 5 Player map will consist of sixteen systems (4x4) and will last 10 turns, a six Player map will consist of twenty systems (4x5) and will last 12 turns.

3. Before map creation place one (in a 5 player game - NOT the eldar/tyranids) home-System of one of the remaining races in the middle of the table. Two home systems for a 6 player game.

4. Place a neutral bastion on every planet of those systems. Use the basic combatcards of the race from this system for defense. Your current opponent plays the cards and rolls the dice for defence. Any player may add one single reinforcementtoken to this fight from their own reserves. maximum of one.

Now things start to differ a bit. First the 5 player rules:

- Every player receives two victorypoints from each Player.

- Each player places one victorypoint on the neutral homesystem. two of those planets will have 2 VPs. You cant place two VPs oft the same race in this system.

- Every player places three victorypoints in his home System (1 per planet).

- 5 VPs win you the game.

6 player map:

- Start with 8 VP per player. Deal them clockwise. So the three players next to you receive 2 of your Victory points and the other two players just 1.

- Again everybody places 1 (different!) victory point in the neutral systems (1 per planet, 2 on one of the planets of eldar/tyranids). And 3 at home.

- 5 VPs win you the game.

P.S.: eldar/tyranids need to place 2 (different) VPs on one planet in their homesystem. I suggest to use the planet without the factory .
Also, to speed up the game and since we've got 16 dice now we try to do battles at the same time whenever possible.

Any feedback is welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tweaked the above stated rules a bit after our first 5 player game yesterday. It worked splendidly, although I got my ass kicked. I was playing Nids (using the Pink Zerg units) and ended the game with 2 planets (but 4 out of 5 VPs). The Orc won again (thanx to werk faster, he owned 4 factories this game).

It is really important that you fight simultanious battles to lower the downtime for the other players. but since it happens very rarely that 1 player is fighting 2 different players in a row you can easily just move forward and fight two battles at the same time. having 16 dice helps, but you need another copy of FS anyway to make this work. if your further actions really depend on the outcome of a certain battle just grab a beer or do whatever is allowed in your country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.