6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Wave 9 meta rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a tournament this weekend but haven't got any of the wave 9 ships yet (nor played against them). Are there any meta-defining ships or cards that came out in wave 9 that I should watch out for?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Quickdraw is a weird one with the ability to shoot with full mods in the activation phase.

Only a huge worry for PS9+ aces.

Assaj Ventress is a return for stress control, giving automatic stress without needing to shoot.

Slicer Tools make is a bit more squeaky being a stressed low-hull ace.

Fenn Rau with Fearlessness and Manaroo support hits like a damn truck.

And /x7 Defenders are amazing now, though that's pre-w9 it's still worth bearing in mind.

Big meta lists are probably still:

Dengaroo
JM15k
Palp/Aces (though the aces will typically feature one or more /x7s now)
Trip /x7s
Dash/Ghost
Biggs and friends.
Decimator/Ace
Probably Fennaroo, though there haven't really been enough (or indeed any) big tourneys where w9 is legal to work that out yet.

I don't feel like w9 has delivered anything wildly meta-warping except just maybe Slicer Tools.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some real nasty 4x protectorate close combat (range 1) lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Special Forces TIE with the Special Ops Training title can be nasty. You either get an extra die when attacking from your primary arc, or you get a second attack from your auxiliary arc. I've seen them used to protect the flanks of non-turret ships.

And don't underestimate the effect of Black Market Slicer Tools on ships that are regularly stressed. I took out Soontir Fel in three rounds and only fired one shot at him. The other two damage came from the Slicer Tools. Sure, a ship has to be stressed first, but you have the same odds of triggering it as you do rolling a hit or a crit on an attack, there's no defense roll, and it ignores shields and deals a card directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maralo Party bus with Bossk, Zuckus, IG-D and HLC
IG-B with HLC - AutoCannon - Fealessnes Glitterstim FCS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tail Gunner on Kath Scarlet or Boba Fett (esp. with Lone Wolf) is going to give either one of them a nice attack boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.