GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,306 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Istanbul: Mocha & Baksheesh» Forums » Rules

Subject: random layout rules vs Movement tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
up to you. This game inspires all kinds of house rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
?????

The rulebook actually says

rulebook wrote:
The Black Market 8 and the Tea House 9 must be at least 3 places apart from each other and they both may not be in the same row or column. Swap the positions of one of them and another tile, if need be.

????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Łukasik
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My god, I missed this part completely and it's right on the 3rd page... [facepalm]

At least I know that my concerns were justified

Sorry for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this

http://dataflux.nl/istanbul/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
capricorn_tm wrote:

That's cool. Another thing that'd be cool is an app that'd just print out a bunch of grids of the tiles. You could fit tons of them on one page. Then you could just stick them in the box and randomly pick a grid from the page(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:

nice.. but i noticed it doesnt follow the "The Black Market 8 and the Tea House 9 " rule..
but it is not really a big deal as you can randomize again if it happens. =)

and also I wish it can have letter and seals expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
capricorn_tm wrote:

nice.. but i noticed it doesnt follow the "The Black Market 8 and the Tea House 9 " rule..
but it is not really a big deal as you can randomize again if it happens. =)

and also I wish it can have letter and seals expansion.

Plus 1 on letters and seals expansion, it should have that, how do we contact the creator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Contact link at the bottom of the page, with an email address...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just heard back from the designer of the tile randomizer and he said that Pegasus did not allow him to use the images of the tile.

I say weird as his tool helps the fans enjoy the game, why would a company do that is beyond my understanding.

Good news is that he is ready to just add the numbers and name of the tile in the randomizer for both the expansion but it will take him some time to do that, hopefully it is sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh well, I'm fine with numbers and name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
Just heard back from the designer of the tile randomizer and he said that Pegasus did not allow him to use the images of the tile.

That's not true. Pegasus gave permission for the use of the images from the base game in 2014. And Pegasus would also allow the use of the images from the expansion - if somebody just asks!

Dirk, the designer of this tool, should simply send me an email (he knows my email address). But I did not get any request by him for the expansions. His last email to me is dated from 2014. So I don't understand how anybody can say that Pegasus did not allow the use of the images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:

That's not true. Pegasus gave permission for the use of the images from the base game in 2014. And Pegasus would also allow the use of the images from the expansion - if somebody just asks!

Dirk, the designer of this tool, should simply send me an email (he knows my email address). But I did not get any request by him for the expansions. His last email to me is dated from 2014. So I don't understand how anybody can say that Pegasus did not allow the use of the images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:

Let me email him and mention what you said here and will get back with his reply.

Thank you for clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.