Subject: Table Space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am considering this game as a travel game but wondering how much table space it needs. Doesn't appear very much but could you play it on an air plane, for example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
It should be possible. The peg board, pen and paper and room to roll the dice. The peg board could easily sit on your lap. You might want a soft surface / dice tray to minimize the noise of all the dice rolling on a plane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Frenzy (Split Enz, 1979)
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the box lid to roll the dice in. You could put a cloth in it to dampen the noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
I am considering this game as a travel game but wondering how much table space it needs. Doesn't appear very much but could you play it on an air plane, for example?

Not my photo, but this should be proof positive....

However, note that it looks like they're flying first/business class. In coach/"cattle class", you may have less space than that.

FWIW, I own Roll Through the Ages: The Iron Age with Mediterranean Expansion (both Med. expansion and its base game). Without the exp., it's literally the same deal as with The Bronze Age. With the exp., you'll need a central location for the Med. peg board, or at least just pass it around for people to see. Also, you'll want a place to store your pegs, as you'll be removing and inserting them into that exp. board as the game plays (keep it in the zippered bag so that they don't roll off onto the floor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G√ľnther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You could also use a dice rolling app. As discussed here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, that's proof enough. Thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.