6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Add to a thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura Naysmith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Since it's ask a stupid question day today...I'm going too.

How do I add my comment to a current thread? I want to add to an introduction thread but not reply to a comment, hope that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcomeblanklaura

Makes perfect the sense. The answer less so.

There is no way to reply to a post, all 'replies' just get added to the bottom of the thread.

So you can press 'reply' on any post and it'll make no difference and no one can see which post you pressed reply to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to add to Liam's response ...

Since all replies just go on the bottom of the thread, if you are replying to a particular comment (so your reply might not make sense without the context of that comment), then it is helpful to quote that comment - or at least the part that you are replying to.

The Quote option on a post creates a reply (added to the bottom of the thread) with that post's text already added as quoted text (which is just a form of markup, so you can edit the quoted text down if you want).

And welcome to BoardGameGeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Naysmith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Perfect answers. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Makes perfect the sense.

Not enough coffee this morning... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake PLUS, some 'pungent/unctuous'-folk SEEM with 'malbelieved' that responding upon some long-ago dormant "thread" is NECRO-'threadyzinger'! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.