$30.00
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got some images I'd like printing onto stickers. There are 36 different images I'd like printing for the abstract game Djambi. I'd probably get two copies for a total of 72 in case I mess up applying them.

I've had a quick look online but seem to be running into the problem of printing website's only wanting to upload one single image for your sticker purchase.

Before I start the long quest of emailing different companies with my specific problem, can anyone here print nice quality 25mm circle stickers and I'd pay you for your service? Or could you recommend a place that is reasonably priced that would print off something like this.

I'm in the UK so anywhere on these shores or in Europe would be best. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You order these and print them anywhere you have a printer. Spray with sealer to make them more durable before applying.

Or, get something like this and use regular label paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Ginley
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any decent sign printer in your area will gladly do this cheaply for you.
The number of images is no problem..just phone and ask them what format (probably jpg) they need for you to send by email. Their solvent or eco-solvent printed stickers are produced in minutes and require no lamination

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
First: are you sure you want 25mm stickers? If you're planning on sticking them onto 25mm/1" discs you're probably actually better off with ~22mm (Uh... I guess around 7/8"?) stickers. If you have a sticker the same width as the disc you're adhering it to, then you have to get the sticker absolutely perfectly centred to avoid any bits of sticker slightly overhanging the edge, which will quickly get damaged and maybe lift the whole sticker off.

If you're happy with 25.4mm stickers (say, for 30mm discs?) and you can't find anywhere to do the job for you, I could probably help - but I'd be die-cutting out from a larger sticker sheet, meaning that you'd end up with lots of circle stickers with an equally-sized circle of backing that you'd have to pick off with the end of a knife or something before sticking them down - no handy large backing sheet to easily peel off of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
First: are you sure you want 25mm stickers? If you're planning on sticking them onto 25mm/1" discs you're probably actually better off with ~22mm (Uh... I guess around 7/8"?) stickers. If you have a sticker the same width as the disc you're adhering it to, then you have to get the sticker absolutely perfectly centred to avoid any bits of sticker slightly overhanging the edge, which will quickly get damaged and maybe lift the whole sticker off.

If you're happy with 25.4mm stickers (say, for 30mm discs?) and you can't find anywhere to do the job for you, I could probably help - but I'd be die-cutting out from a larger sticker sheet, meaning that you'd end up with lots of circle stickers with an equally-sized circle of backing that you'd have to pick off with the end of a knife or something before sticking them down - no handy large backing sheet to easily peel off of.

I'm using 29mm discs I anticipated the accuracy problem. I've sent a couple of emails out today but as of yet I have had no joy. You are my best option so far.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by die-cutting and the trouble I'll have with the larger sticker sheet? How much would you charge for your service? Cheers for this offer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Arctic Jack wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by die-cutting and the trouble I'll have with the larger sticker sheet? How much would you charge for your service? Cheers for this offer!

I mean that my die cutter will cut clean through both the sticker and the backing, leaving you with a disc that you have to peel the backing off of - as opposed to a single large backing sheet that has several small round stickers on it, like you might get from a commercial sticker producer. I do this quite a bit and it's not difficult once you get the hang of it - you can spike the backing paper with a pointy utility/craft knife and peel it back - but it's definitely not quite so easy as peeling the sticker off of a sheet that's larger than the sticker!

(Actually, I do have an idea about producing a sheet of stickers that I want to try out, but I don't want to make any promises.)

As to price - I expect the postage would be the biggest component; toner, paper and spray-lacquer are all pretty cheap, and 72 circles is about three sheets of printing and 10-20 minutes' work. I don't want to make a habit of it, but I'm happy to do the odd thing for a fellow geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A massive thank you to Jake for helping me put this together. thumbsup

Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb

I can’t thank him enough for the time he has taken to do this for me. He went above and beyond too, after receiving the first batch of stickers I noticed I’d made a mistake. One of the colours was too dark so he redid those stickers and sent out a new batch.

Here is the game and the stickers Jake made, he's done an amazing job. It's now 90% complete, it could probably do with one more coat of varnish. I'm also unsure whether or not to keep the rank and file stickers on. I'm leaning towards removing them.

Cheers Jake!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Glad to see it all came together - it looks like it turned out nicely in the end!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.