Hide
6 Posts

World in Flames» Forums » General

Subject: WiF Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Shannon
msg tools
I have broken out my old 3rd edition WiF game only to find that I have a few counters missing. Since I cannot find any counter sheets or content list for this edition, I am currently unable to play the game.

If anybody could provide this information or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Australian Design Group has not answered my emails on this, which frankly I found surprising and disturbing since other players have told me in the past that they are usually good about customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
newtonian wrote:
I have broken out my old 3rd edition WiF game only to find that I have a few counters missing. Since I cannot find any counter sheets or content list for this edition, I am currently unable to play the game.

If anybody could provide this information or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Australian Design Group has not answered my emails on this, which frankly I found surprising and disturbing since other players have told me in the past that they are usually good about customer service.

3rd edition is pretty old, and not even Patrice Forno's French WIF site has any scans on it. I may have an old mint copy in storage, but I think that's 1st edition, and I believe there were some counter changes between 1st and 3rd. But 3rd edition predates my involvement with the game, back before 1990 or so, so I am not speaking with much authority here. Good luck in your quest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shannon
msg tools
Yeah, I emailed Patrice and he was kind enough to reply, but unfortunately he could not help me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Moore
United States
Riverton
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well you know what this means...you'll just have to break down and buy the FE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thrifted a copy of the game, the rule book says it's the third edition. But two of the maps say second edition and one says fourth edition. So I'm not clear on which edition it actually is.

That said, the counters were punched but the frames were still in the box. So I was able to do a count and confirm that the game was complete. Here are the counts from my copy:

USA - Dark Green: 170
Commonwealth - Dark Blue: 146
German - Grey: 158
Miscellaneous - Black: 6
Italian - Light Green: 76
Chinese - Yellow: 40
Neutral - Dark Orange: 48
French - Light Blue: 64
Markers - White: 20
Japanese - Red: 126
Russian - Light Orange: 132

For a total of 986 tokens. Note I'm not including the color-transition or blank tokens in the above count, only the tokens used for playing the game. Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shannon
msg tools
I was finally able to confirm that my copy is indeed complete. Also, I was able to get my hands on the scan of an unpunched version. Let the games begin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.