$60.00
$20.00
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
So i was planning to buy some new board games (arena of planeswalkers+exp) and/or legendary encounters aliens

i found them on fair price, like 15$ per box for arena, and around 45 with +18 the expansion for aliens, and the shipping just ruins everything

it adds +40 to arena order and +60 to aliens one, so that's double the price..

i bought a game changers expansion(munchkin) recently and the shipping was fair (8$)

so i guess it has to do with how big the box is..?
that makes it prohibitive for me to buy some board games, (unless there are solutions that i dont know of) since arena of the planeswalkers cost 40 per box here in greece,where on amazon they are like 15 dollars each, and aliens is not found anywhere or costs 80 euros..

meh

anything i can do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on where you buy it, I would say. If you are purchasing from America, you are probably getting crazy high shipping. If you order from Amazon.de/co.uk/.it/.fr, it's probably gonna be a lot cheaper.

Don't know if you can get the same games, but I'm pretty sure you'll save something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Robbert said!
Also, if you buy expensive games from outside the European Union (e.g. in the US), remember that you will have to pay import taxes/custom fees!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
most don't ship to greece at all or the shipping is crazy :/

in greece arena costs 40euro only the base game,35 if lucky ,and aliens 70 and it's out of stock. pft. way too much for what's inside

all is ruuuined

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
try this: https://www.amazon.de/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=arena+of+plan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Find a used MTG:AotP for cheap and then have them toss the box and just ship you the parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Feel you :-( had to order Pandemic on another website than amazon because they can't deliver that one in my country, 7O euros shipping (living in South Pacific).

As others said if you can i would advise Amazon or maybe ebay? idk ship costs from it. Or maybe a trusted seller from that website that could ship it for the real price by postal way and not the abusive one from big shipping companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.