United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya All,

In June I hope to publish a second game under my Reiver Games label: It's Alive! by Yehuda Berlinger. As part of the final preparations I will be holding a playtesting event in York next Wednesday (9th May) in the upstairs room of the Yorkshire Terrier pub on Stonegate from 7pm till 11pm.

The aim of the evening is to play the game from the rules, and then provide feedback to let me improve the clarity of the rules. In return for your time you will get you name credited in the rules as a playtester and you'll be entitled to the 20% playtesters discount (enabling you to buy the game for £12 instead of £15). All you need to do is turn up, play one or more games, and then fill in a short questionnaire. Due to the nature of the event this is limited to people who haven't yet played the game (I want to watch you read the rules and find out which bits are unclear).

If you would like to attend please reply to this thread to book a place as places are limited to twenty people.

Here's a brief blurb about the game:

It is the turn of the nineteenth century, and mad scientists throughout Europe are competing for the infamy of being the first to create life through the power of alchemy. Using only the raw materials provided by some dubious 'Suppliers to the Anatomical Trade', harnessed lightning and the services of a motley crew of unattractive servants you race to collect the eight body parts needed to create your monster and bring it to life. Unfortunately the local peasants are particularly clumsy and tend to die in freak farming accidents so the dubious gentlemen rarely find a whole cadaver in sufficiently good condition. Instead they offer the parts they have managed to salvage. Each turn you may buy the offered part, sell it to an anatomist for a meagre profit, or auction it trying to get a better deal or rip off your opponents. You might be lucky and get a coffin with a weakling clerk's cadaver in it, which can be used in lieu of any strapping villager's body part, or your involvement in the macabre trade might invoke the villagers' wrath.

It's Alive! is a set collection and auction game for 2 to 5 players, aged 12 to adult. Games last 20 to 40 minutes.

Cheers,

Jack
Reiver Games
http://www.reivergames.co.uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Anything similar planned for the Beer & Pretzels convention, next weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Steve,

I'd like to concentrate on selling the last few copies of Border Reivers at Beer & Pretzels, plus I don't want to open playtesting up to too many people or I won't make any money! But I might be able to sneak IA into my bag for Saturday evening.

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
OK ... I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Babb
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack,

I'd love to take part in the play testing on Wednesday. Count me in! Hopefully I'll see you on Saturday at Beyond Monopoly! too. I may be able to get 2 or 3 other people to come along as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Jeff,

I'll see you and your chums on Wednesday - or possibly Saturday at BM.

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Babb
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack,

I in case you need an exact count for Wednesday, it will be me and two others. There is a slim chance that one more might come, but it looks doubtful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Jeff,

That's great - thanks for the update.

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.