Lorenzo il Magnifico» Forums » General

Subject: Iconography rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evgeni Marinov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, guys. I just read the rulebook and I found some of the decisions regarding the iconography a tad strange. First, the Harvest and Production symbols are used to represent 3 different things:
- The activation value on Territories/ Buildings and Bonus tile,
- The opportunity to perform a Harvest/ Production action without placing a Family member, and
- The specific action + the minimum value for the action in the Harvest and Production areas.

I think it would have been better to have just a hatchet/ wheel (no die) inside the action spaces in the Harvest and Production areas, to represent the action - the minimum value is not really needed, since you would need at least a "1" anyway in order to activate anything.

And second, the Flash symbol - it is used in every action space where you receive resources/ points, but it isn't necessary - it's obvious you're getting them. It should have been used only to differentiate between immediate and permanent effects on the cards.
The symbol is also used in the Harvest/ Production action spaces (which I also find strange), with the exception of the first Production action space - I'm guessing the omission is not intentional?

Anyway, everything else regarding the game seems really good! I hope I can give it a try soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heike Pohl
msg tools
Hi,
yes, that is really a Little bit confusing.

Some Cards have the dice with f.e. 4 dots + 2 together with -Wood/Stone.

What does it mean? Could I add 2 dots to the normal dice value AND reduce the costs of Stone/Wood?
The pics in the rules are not really clear for me.

Second question: The order to bring the Cards into Action is free, isn´t it? or only from left to right?

Heike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Marinov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Raider84,

Raider84 wrote:
Some Cards have the dice with f.e. 4 dots + 2 together with -Wood/Stone.

What does it mean? Could I add 2 dots to the normal dice value AND reduce the costs of Stone/Wood?

Are you talking about the symbols shown in the lower left of the table at the end of p. 5 (it's simply "+2", not "4 + 2")? If so, than yes, you have a permanent effect that increases your die value by 2 when using the yellow tower (in the specific case) and also gives you a discount for buying the corresponding card.

Raider84 wrote:
Second question: The order to bring the Cards into Action is free, isn´t it? or only from left to right?

You mean when activating Production? The order shouldn't matter, since you need to have all the resources you want to trade with before doing the action. You cannot trade wood for coins and then trade those coins for points in the same action, you can only use coins you already had before activating Production, which means the order you choose to activate each card wouldn't matter.

Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heike Pohl
msg tools
Hi,
Thanks for explaining the Order of cards. We played it wrong. Made Money and thT Money directly to Wood in One turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.