Subject: address change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamal khurshid
Pakistan
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys ,

I have a question for those who have backed a CMON project before and have gone thru this senario.

the pledge manager asks for an address and the first wave will hit around summers. so i will for sure get the first wave at my current address but in august ill be be shifting to a new house.

that means the second wave will be delivered to an address where I wont be living any more.

is it possible to change address after wards?

thank you in advance to those who reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's two waves? Where did you see/hear that?

Edit: I'm guessing it's because the PM says "Shipment Phase 1." They do that for all of them, even if there is only one wave. Unless it has a phase 2 on there, they plan on shipping in one wave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal khurshid
Pakistan
flag msg tools
mb
IdleHacker wrote:
There's two waves? Where did you see/hear that?

Edit: I'm guessing it's because the PM says "Shipment Phase 1." They do that for all of them, even if there is only one wave. Unless it has a phase 2 on there, they plan on shipping in one wave

they said that about zcide:BP too that it will come in one wave and yet it was in 2.

and yes what you mentioned is the reason i think it will be in 2 phases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also said it about Zombicide Season 2 and Season 3 that I backed and they only came in 1. Black Plague was the exception, and they made decisions for the MD KS to avoid having that happen again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's tough to know when you'll know your new address, and when it is locked in. I'd suggest finding a "safe" stable address to get it delivered to. Parent? Best friend who is not moving? That's the way to go. You don't want to make changes if/when they are late, and find out the shipments are already on the boat and it's too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMoN won't let you change your address once the items are on the ship because their labels are usually already made. I had this problem too with Black Plague. It hadn't even shipped yet and I asked if I could change my address and they said no and told me to contact FedEx. FedEx was no help unless you pay for their service for special handling instructions. Luckily, I was able to go and pick it up at my old address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put in a friend's address, as I suspect I might need to move in March, and it might be too late.

Admittedly this is my first CMON Kickstarter, so maybe I'm paranoid, but it just seems like a good safety precaution to wait the extra day or so to get it from somewhere I know it can be delivered than risk it going somewhere i can no longer access...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
I've put in a friend's address, as I suspect I might need to move in March, and it might be too late.

Admittedly this is my first CMON Kickstarter, so maybe I'm paranoid, but it just seems like a good safety precaution to wait the extra day or so to get it from somewhere I know it can be delivered than risk it going somewhere i can no longer access...

Good idea. I wouldn't risk it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
I am sort of in the same boat. I might be selling my place come next spring, and if I do then CMON won't have my new address. To make it worse I might be moving several states away.

It kind of sucks how far in advance you have to give an address as a lot can change in 8-10 months. I guess I will just give them my parents address and have them forward the shipment to me. From my understanding, the product goes from the main factory to your country's closest shipping center which then sends thew product out. I am not sure why they can't make shipping changes a few months before your order ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, this is pretty annoying as I am buying a house at the moment so will likely be in there before the game ships. However, there's always the chance that the purchase falls through leaving me at the current address so not sure what to do now! Strange, and bloody stupid, that they don't let you change the address up until they dispatch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's worse is that my Black Plague game was delivered before I even got any shipping information so I couldn't even contact FedEx to even try to change the delivery address.

Contacting FedEx is a pain too...useless. I once told them to hold a delivery and they said ok and it was delivered anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.