Hide
8 Posts

Secret Hitler» Forums » General

Subject: I can't imagine playing Secret Hitler without a luger rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hartwell
msg tools
When I made the print and play version I also purchased a cap gun to use for the Assassinate ability. It's a metal luger and was about $12 on Ebay.

Now I can't imagine playing without one. It ratchets up the tension.

Sometimes the president waves the gun back and forth between two potential targets before pulling the trigger on one. Other times players pick it up and blast someone right away.

You know those times when a president doesn't know who to shoot? There's something really satisfying about watching them hesitate to pick it up, or have another player confidently slap it into the president's hand and tells them its time to choose.

I can't see how it can be nearly as fun to say "I choose Hans. Hans, you're dead." A quick BANG is much more dramatic and keeps the flow alive.

Does anyone else use a prop gun, or use another novel element with the Assassinate ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea and definitely something I'm going to pick up to add! Sounds like it adds a ton of tension..

May be swinging by my local dollarstore today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer actually shooting them. Except now I have no one to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stanhope
United States
Plano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group uses a small Nerf gun with 2 darts. It is small enough to fit under the tray and we place the darts on the board. Watching the president pick up the dart, load the gun and cock it is a tense experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy ZJ
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with both a luger and a mauser c96
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent idea, thanks!

Picked up this one for $13 - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hartwell
msg tools
Kilo, that's the exact one we use. The red cap pulls out easily and can be put back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That Luger is fantastic. Add to Cart, along with several hundred rounds of cap gun ammo on Amazon for $5! Thanks for the recommendation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.