$20.00
Alfredas Buiko
Lithuania
Vilnius
Vilniaus m. sav.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone.

First and foremost, I have both Shadows of Brimstone and Cthulhu Wars, and I must say they both are great and awesome games. The only problem was it was rather hard to play them both at the same time. So, inspired by Njep's Mansions of Madness monsters for Shadows of Brimstone project (which can be found here https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115361/arkham-horrormom-e...), I, for several last months, have been making enemy sheets, threat cards and everything else you need to use Cthulhu Wars figurines in your Shadows of Brimstone games. Several monsters (High priest, cultist, mi-go and shoggoth) are the same as njep's monsters with some modifications (for example, cultists now have 10 different cult cards). All in all, there are:
40 different artifacts (10 from Carcosa, 10 from R'lyeh, 10 from Pnakotus, 10 from Yuggoth),
8 mine artifact cards (the standard "draw an artifact from Otherworld artifact deck")
4 Otherworld cards (Pnakotus, Yuggoth, R'lyeh, Carcosa) - to use with "wandering enemy" threat card.
Four otherworld threat decks (to use with Wandering Monster threat card)
5 legendary monster sheets (Cthulhu, Shub-Niggurath, Nyarlathotep and King in Yellow+Hastur), plus their assorted threat cards.
13 monsters sheets, plus their assorted threat cards.
10 Darkness Cards.
These new monsters have not been playtested yet, however, the most egregious mistakes seem to have been found and fixed. Artwork for cards have been taken mostly from google image search, so I'm not sure who most of artists are. However, some of them are: Bryan Syme (his devianart gallery: http://bryansyme.deviantart.com/gallery/), Richard Luong (his devianart gallery: http://tentaclesandteeth.deviantart.com/, Daniel Ljunggren (online portfolio: http://darylart.com/)and others.

Here's the dropbox link, hope you'll enjoy fighting the mythos beasties in the Old west

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8p80qc44n9ohto/AABwJsQc4DCHFrvZe...?
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pulcino
United States
Rochester
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, these are great! Thanks!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Absolutely awesome, I love it. These'll see use very soon
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very impressive!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredas Buiko
Lithuania
Vilnius
Vilniaus m. sav.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm glad you like it . I printed my cards on 170 mg photopaper using inkjet printer. They are a bit lighter that original cards, but after I sleeved them, there's almost no difference between custom made and original cards (the only difference is in color, but threat cards from Shadows of Brimstone expansions also differ from core set card back, so I see no problem). I'd also advise anyone who'll try to make these cards at home - after printing the cards, cut and glue each card's front and back on its own (do not just cut and glue card front and card back sheets together, cause they don't really fit).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great work, when will you have the map tiles finished?

The sizing might be a little hard for the Shoggoth. Is the Cthulhu Wars mini able to fit onto a large base. With the Mansions of Madness mini there is no way. I really felt theme wise that the Shoggoth is more of a match for the Goliath. It definitely looks like the minis in that game kind of break form with the RPG.

Also in looking at the Cthulhu Wars Mi-Go, it looks like Sandy took some artistic license and beefed them up for the game. I was using a lot of my Call of Cthulhu books for reference. In the olden days Mi-Go are Human size or smaller. It definitely looks like in the game though they have to be large. I don't think it matters all that much, I made the Chthonians large when they probably should be XL. But hey, they come in different ages and sizes.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
Sweet.

Shucks, I was hoping for a Yithian lightening gun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Cthulhu Wars, but some of these might save me some time on my quest to convert the Mansions of Madness monsters to Brimstone. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
blark wrote:
I don't have Cthulhu Wars, but some of these might save me some time on my quest to convert the Mansions of Madness monsters to Brimstone. Thanks!


My version is based off of the amount of minis you get in Mansions of Madness(2 mi-go, 2 hounds, 2 chthonians) and the threat cards reflect that. Also it treats the Shoggoth as XL since you can't get him on a large base.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredas Buiko
Lithuania
Vilnius
Vilniaus m. sav.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
njep wrote:
Great work, when will you have the map tiles finished?



Not sure, but hopefully, before the stars are right . To tell the truth, I am thinking of making custom otherworld tiles and encounters as well. However, it might take a lot before I'll finish even one otherworld. Plus, I'm going to convert Cthulhu Wars expansion monsters and gods first, probably when I'll get them.

SenorMTD wrote:
Sweet.

Shucks, I was hoping for a Yithian lightening gun.


Actually, someday I am hoping to expand the artifact decks, and yes, Yithian lighting is on the top of the list of artifacts to be added. The only problem is I'm not sure when that's going to happen.

Also, now I have added png files to dropbox as well .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
Maybe just focus on doing tiles for Great Library of Celaeno where all the entities are duking it out. Four full worlds seems daunting. Perhaps a few large entity specific themed rooms that a portal just happened to put you in. Or some themed targa world tiles that allow you to use the rest of the tiles to flesh out a full map tile set for the elder things or Ythians. Blasted wastes as desert. Or convert the Mansions of Madness Tiles over.

You've also backed your way into the Cthulhu Expansion for Brimstone. All we need are characters for the main adventure archetypes and a few modern gear items and you've got it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharmat wrote:
I'm glad you like it . I printed my cards on 170 mg photopaper using inkjet printer. They are a bit lighter that original cards, but after I sleeved them, there's almost no difference between custom made and original cards (the only difference is in color, but threat cards from Shadows of Brimstone expansions also differ from core set card back, so I see no problem). I'd also advise anyone who'll try to make these cards at home - after printing the cards, cut and glue each card's front and back on its own (do not just cut and glue card front and card back sheets together, cause they don't really fit).


Rather than glue, I insert a front and a back on either side of a standard poker card (decks available at buck stores), held together by a sleeve. Works just fine! (And allows easy updates)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharmat wrote:
Hello everyone.

First and foremost, I have both Shadows of Brimstone and Cthulhu Wars, and I must say they both are great and awesome games. The only problem was it was rather hard to play them both at the same time. So, inspired by Njep's Mansions of Madness monsters for Shadows of Brimstone project (which can be found here https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115361/arkham-horrormom-e...), I, for several last months, have been making enemy sheets, threat cards and everything else you need to use Cthulhu Wars figurines in your Shadows of Brimstone games. Several monsters (High priest, cultist, mi-go and shoggoth) are the same as njep's monsters with some modifications (for example, cultists now have 10 different cult cards). All in all, there are:
40 different artifacts (10 from Carcosa, 10 from R'lyeh, 10 from Pnakotus, 10 from Yuggoth),
8 mine artifact cards (the standard "draw an artifact from Otherworld artifact deck")
4 Otherworld cards (Pnakotus, Yuggoth, R'lyeh, Carcosa) - to use with "wandering enemy" threat card.
Four otherworld threat decks (to use with Wandering Monster threat card)
5 legendary monster sheets (Cthulhu, Shub-Niggurath, Nyarlathotep and King in Yellow+Hastur), plus their assorted threat cards.
13 monsters sheets, plus their assorted threat cards.
10 Darkness Cards.
These new monsters have not been playtested yet, however, the most egregious mistakes seem to have been found and fixed. Artwork for cards have been taken mostly from google image search, so I'm not sure who most of artists are. However, some of them are: Bryan Syme (his devianart gallery: http://bryansyme.deviantart.com/gallery/), Richard Luong (his devianart gallery: http://tentaclesandteeth.deviantart.com/, Daniel Ljunggren (online portfolio: http://darylart.com/)and others.

Here's the dropbox link, hope you'll enjoy fighting the mythos beasties in the Old west

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8p80qc44n9ohto/AABwJsQc4DCHFrvZe...?


The cards are amazing looking, absolutely beautiful. But what is your experience playing against them? They seem pretty powerful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Sharmat wrote:
Hello everyone.

First and foremost, I have both Shadows of Brimstone and Cthulhu Wars, and I must say they both are great and awesome games. The only problem was it was rather hard to play them both at the same time. So, inspired by Njep's Mansions of Madness monsters for Shadows of Brimstone project (which can be found here https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115361/arkham-horrormom-e...), I, for several last months, have been making enemy sheets, threat cards and everything else you need to use Cthulhu Wars figurines in your Shadows of Brimstone games. Several monsters (High priest, cultist, mi-go and shoggoth) are the same as njep's monsters with some modifications (for example, cultists now have 10 different cult cards). All in all, there are:
40 different artifacts (10 from Carcosa, 10 from R'lyeh, 10 from Pnakotus, 10 from Yuggoth),
8 mine artifact cards (the standard "draw an artifact from Otherworld artifact deck")
4 Otherworld cards (Pnakotus, Yuggoth, R'lyeh, Carcosa) - to use with "wandering enemy" threat card.
Four otherworld threat decks (to use with Wandering Monster threat card)
5 legendary monster sheets (Cthulhu, Shub-Niggurath, Nyarlathotep and King in Yellow+Hastur), plus their assorted threat cards.
13 monsters sheets, plus their assorted threat cards.
10 Darkness Cards.
These new monsters have not been playtested yet, however, the most egregious mistakes seem to have been found and fixed. Artwork for cards have been taken mostly from google image search, so I'm not sure who most of artists are. However, some of them are: Bryan Syme (his devianart gallery: http://bryansyme.deviantart.com/gallery/), Richard Luong (his devianart gallery: http://tentaclesandteeth.deviantart.com/, Daniel Ljunggren (online portfolio: http://darylart.com/)and others.

Here's the dropbox link, hope you'll enjoy fighting the mythos beasties in the Old west

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8p80qc44n9ohto/AABwJsQc4DCHFrvZe...?


The cards are amazing looking, absolutely beautiful. But what is your experience playing against them? They seem pretty powerful.


I can sort of speak to this. I've played with them for about 6 or 7 months now. The enemies are pretty much on par with the newer enemies(like Serpentmen, Trederrans, Trun, etc), the cultists were balanced against the Serpentmen design, and the high Priest against the Serpentman Shaman. I think the Mi-Go can be seen as on par with the Trun or the Harvestors.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredas Buiko
Lithuania
Vilnius
Vilniaus m. sav.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, new additions

I have made 20 new artifacts (5 for Carcosa, 5 for Pnakotus, 5 for R'lyeh, 5 for Yuggoth). You can find them in pdf (called New Artifacts) or as loose files (just use the dropbox link).

If anyone has any good suggestions about Lovecraft-themed otherworld artifacts, I'd like to hear them (post them below). I'd like each CW otherworld artifact deck to have 25 artifacts (same number as Vanilla Worlds+artifact expansions), but I'm not sure if it'll happen.

Also, I believe I might finally start making enemy record sheets for other Cthulhu Wars monsters (both factions and independent monsters). Maybe I'll finish them before Onslaught 2 arrives, though I'm not certain.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alarian Familiar: the last word on the card should be Mutation, not Corruption.

Carcosan Lantern: What does moving the Darkness "forward" mean? Does it advance towards the Mine Entrance or towards the Darkness Start?

Gliphs should be Glyphs. Inititiative should be Initiative. Monstruous should be Monstrous.

There are a number of other edits that need to be done. Shall we converse on the subject?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
Weird stuff is happening man! My Jargono Native hunting party was ambushed by corruption exploding windwalker cultists. They died very fast under the native clubs and at the next darkness roll I got box cars. Everyone got a grit and the chest portal of one hero spit out Milk of Shub-Neggurouth. I have one mythos world card in the mix (not your 4) and drew it for the artifact draw of the chest portal 6 roll. Shubby's pleased at Windy's loss!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredas Buiko
Lithuania
Vilnius
Vilniaus m. sav.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
Alarian Familiar: the last word on the card should be Mutation, not Corruption.

Carcosan Lantern: What does moving the Darkness "forward" mean? Does it advance towards the Mine Entrance or towards the Darkness Start?

Gliphs should be Glyphs. Inititiative should be Initiative. Monstruous should be Monstrous.

There are a number of other edits that need to be done. Shall we converse on the subject?


Yes, and I'm willing to hear more critique. What else should be changed?

P.S. I've fixed mentioned typos and uploaded new version of pdf file and single image files.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
You should start working through the Cthulhu card game items for ideas.
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/CoC/CoCCards.html
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This is an awesome addition, love the work gone into the cards, has added much more variety in my games of SoB

Is there anything more still to come?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredas Buiko
Lithuania
Vilnius
Vilniaus m. sav.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, yes . I am planning to add Dreamlands surface and underground monsters, also monsters from Azatoth, Yog-Sototh, Ithaqua and Tsathogguah expansions. I am also planning to upload fixed files to the dropbox.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Any plans for world tiles and encounters? That would make for whole new worlds for us to fight these Cthuloid monstrosities in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.