Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Comprehensive list of card tag distribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I was just going to find out how frequently certain tags show up on cards, and I figured some of you may be interested as well!

So here's a complete list of how frequently each combination of card tags appears in the game (including the promo card and all corporate era cards).
A legend of the symbols I used can be found below!



Total number of cards: 209
0 tags : 12
1 tag: 107
2 tags: 76
3 tags: 14




Cards with no tags : 12 (5)
- blank : 12 (5)


Cards with Jovian tag: 12 (6)
- : 1 (1)
- X : 8 (5)
- H : 1
- X bacon : 1
- X graytaj: : 1


Cards with + Science tag: 33 (21)
- + : 11 (7)
- + + : 1 (1)
- + goo : 4 (1)
- + bacon : 2 (2)
- + X : 2 (2)
- + H : 6 (5)
- + S : 2 (1)
- + zombie H : 1 (1)
- + bacon H : 1
- + X bacon : 1
- + X S : 1 (1)
- + graytaj: H : 1


Cards with zombie Earth tag: 22 (13)
- zombie : 9 (8)
- zombie limecamel : 1
- zombie bacon : 1
- zombie X : 1
- zombie S : 3 (3)
- + zombie H : 1 (1)
- zombie X S :6 (1)


Cards with d10-5 Plant tag: 21 (0)
- d10-5 : 15
- limecamel d10-5 : 1
- d10-5 H : 4
- d10-5 goo limecamel : 1


Cards with goo Microbe tag: 16 (3)
- goo : 9 (1)
- + goo : 4 (1)
- goo H : 1
- goo S : 1 (1)
- d10-5 goo limecamel : 1


Cards with limecamel animal tag: 9 (0)
- limecamel : 6
- zombie limecamel : 1
- limecamel d10-5 : 1
- d10-5 goo limecamel : 1


Cards with bacon BACON tag: 27 (6)
- bacon : 6 (3)
- + bacon : 2 (2)
- zombie bacon : 1
- bacon X : 2
- bacon H : 13 (1)
- X bacon : 1
- + bacon H : 1
- + X bacon : 1


Cards with X Space tag: 43 (13)
- X : 7 (4)
- X : 8 (5)
- + X : 2 (2)
- zombie X : 1
- bacon X : 2
- X graytaj: : 1
- X H : 1 (1)
- X S : 11
- X bacon : 1
- X graytaj: : 1
- + X bacon : 1
- + X S : 1
- zombie X S :6 (1)


Cards with graytaj: City tag: 12 (1)
- graytaj: : 0
- X graytaj: : 1
- graytaj: H : 9 (1)
- X graytaj: : 1
- + graytaj: H : 1


Cards with H Building tag: 67 (19)
- H : 29 (9)
- H : 1
- + H : 6 (5)
- d10-5 H : 4
- goo H : 1 (1)
- bacon H : 13 (1)
- X H : 1 (1)
- graytaj: H : 9 (1)
- + zombie H : 1 (1)
- + bacon H : 1
- + graytaj: H : 1


Cards with S Event tag: 38 (13)
- S : 14 (6)
- + S : 2 (1)
- zombie S : 3 (3)
- goo S : 1 (1)
- X S : 11
- + X S : 1 (1)
- zombie X S :6 (1)



Legend:
Jovian
+ Science
zombie Earth
d10-5 Plant
goo Microbe
limecamel Animal
bacon Power
X Space
graytaj: City
H Building
S Event
(X) X of those cards are from the corporate era deck
17 
 Thumb up
3.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Can you do a list of only the green cards?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I updated the list, sorted by card tag.
Thanks for your reply, Matthieu. Our numbers do not match up, I probably left out a few entries when changing the list. (I'll check!)
However, notice that there used to be two entries for goo H microbe buildings, when one of them was supposed to be a goo S microbe event

@Bill: I fear this would be too messy in the end to present it.
Is there a particular reason you are asking for the green cards only? Nothing really seperates them from the blue cards. And all non-event cards are either blue or green.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I was missing the card with limecamel d10-5 animal/plant symbol.
The updated list does not contain this error anymore.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Bastinator1 wrote:


@Bill: I fear this would be too messy in the end to present it.
Is there a particular reason you are asking for the green cards only? Nothing really seperates them from the blue cards. And all non-event cards are either blue or green.


Green cards have a single effect and then all they are good for is tags. Blue cards have an on-going effect or an action. It'd be interesting to see the breakdown between the 2, and how many tags are where.

Not a big deal if it's too much trouble.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
WBuchanan wrote:
Bastinator1 wrote:


@Bill: I fear this would be too messy in the end to present it.
Is there a particular reason you are asking for the green cards only? Nothing really seperates them from the blue cards. And all non-event cards are either blue or green.


Green cards have a single effect and then all they are good for is tags. Blue cards have an on-going effect or an action. It'd be interesting to see the breakdown between the 2, and how many tags are where.

Not a big deal if it's too much trouble.


Hmm, I might do that, depending on whether I have the time later/tomorrow.

For now, I updated the list with the # of cards from the corporate era.

Sebastian
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Really cool analysis.

Just one typo: Please change "BACON" to "Power" in the following header:

"Cards with bacon BACON tag: 27"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cat Five
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Love your icons!!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Really cool analysis.

Just one typo: Please change "BACON" to "Power" in the following header:

"Cards with :bacon: BACON tag: 27"


i don't see any difference between bacon and power.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
mvettemagred wrote:
Really cool analysis.

Just one typo: Please change "BACON" to "Power" in the following header:

"Cards with bacon BACON tag: 27"


Ha. You think that's a typo! laugh
That was actually an easter egg

I am glad somebody noticed it!

Sebastian

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I really wanted this game before.
But now that I know it has bacon? Must have!
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was making up a reference for these but got sidetracked (actually: felt shame about my non-existent graphic design skills and started putting it off). I'll work on it today.

I'm breaking down the tags a little different than you, Sebastian, but most of my card counts match. Are you counting the promo card as being part of Corporate Era?

Also, my total number of Earth tags is the same, but I had 13 of them being from Corporate Era instead of 12.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
jeff0 wrote:
I was making up a reference for these but got sidetracked (actually: felt shame about my non-existent graphic design skills and started putting it off). I'll work on it today.

I'm breaking down the tags a little different than you, Sebastian, but most of my card counts match. Are you counting the promo card as being part of Corporate Era?

Also, my total number of Earth tags is the same, but I had 13 of them being from Corporate Era instead of 12.


Since the promo doesn't have the corporate era mark in the bottom left corner, I didn't count it as being a part of that.

Perhaps I made a mistake (or even more!) when looking through the cards.
I'll check the earth tags again.
Are there any other categories where your numbers are different than mine?

Thanks for your help, Jeff!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope! Those were the only differences I found.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Yep, I was missing 1 corporate era card (Olympus Conference) within the earth tags (though it was correct in the science/building tags)
Mistakes were made. soblue

Thanks for pointing out this error, Jeff!

If you find any other errors, please tell me so I can correct them in the main post! Thanks!

Sebastian
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
jeff0 wrote:
Nope! Those were the only differences I found.


Glad to hear that!

@Bill: Unfortunately, I can't do a seperate list by green/blue cards in the next few days, but maybe I'll do it in a future update.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I deleted my post, if I find the time, I will redo a statistical analysis when the base data will be stabilized :)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My tag reference file is uploaded pending approval.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you add a total of each corporate era cards behind the total tags, like you do with each individual tag (red number in brackets)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Seth_Logan wrote:
Could you add a total of each corporate era cards behind the total tags, like you do with each individual tag (red number in brackets)?


I did that, though I noticed some discrepancy between the numbers and those hereby jeff0)
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137795/tm-tag-count-and-f...

Perhaps I'll do a recount later on

Sebastian
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.