Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: More Demigods cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Epic mostly draft but when I introduce the game I use the demigods lists because of a better balance. Id like to have more of that cards with also the Tyrants cards icluded. Is there any chance to see more demigos in the future expansions/promo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Demigods are great when you want balanced thematic matches, and you can't deckbuild if your life depends on it. I would be delighted with more demigods even if it's just a pdf file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that demigods can be played without using their suggested decklists.
Sometimes its just fun to have an additional ability to use and build your deck around.
I'd love to see more even if they don't have recommended decklists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Keep in mind that demigods can be played without using their suggested decklists.
Sometimes its just fun to have an additional ability to use and build your deck around.
I'd love to see more even if they don't have recommended decklists.

I know and it's fun.
But I would like to see MORE official cards (play tested ) list.

I don't have always time for draft (witch is the format I prefer) and as I wrote "pre-constructed" decks are handy when you have to teach the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mod_XXII wrote:
I know and it's fun.
But I would like to see MORE official cards (play tested ) list.

I really do understand where you're coming from, but I can also see how these suggested decklists could cause somewhat of an unforeseen conflict for WWG.
When you consider that their whole business model revolves around the notion of "only buy what you want", if WWG were to suggest that players use these pre-con decks when playing Demigods it would also require a bit of an assumption on their part that players also own certain product when they may not.

Imagine a player who was attracted by the idea of "only buy what you want". As is such, this player has only purchased the core set and a hypothetical Demigod pack. Imagine the possible frustration that could surface as they read a decklist containing cards which they don't actually own. Consider how that may conflict with the company's brand image.

Of course, there's ways around it: a rules card stating Demigods do not require these decklists to play, clearly marked packing warning players that certain sets are required before purchasing, etc. But even then, what card pools will these decklists derive from? Should each set of Demigod cards be tied solely to a particular expansion's content? How can that potentially limit the creativity of an expansion set if every expansion set is then required to form multiple balanced Demigod decks. Could the same cards be part of different Demigod decklists, or should each Demigod decklist be constructed from a single set? Again, you can see how this could limit creativity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the point: the Demigods Cards could be *another" way to play. About the card pool: they could write on the card from which pack the cards are taken (i.e. core set + tyrants). Nothing that complex or against their image. They already did it once so... why don't make new ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mod_XXII wrote:
They already did it once so...

Technically they haven't ever done this as far as retail is concerned.
Everyone who received the demigods in the kickstarter had all the cards required to make the decks. These people also received the Eldergod cards and, case and point, a handful of people were upset to learn that they required 3 sets to construct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Technically they haven't ever done this as far as retail is concerned.Everyone who received the demigods in the kickstarter had all the cards required to make the decks.

Yep, I didn't remember it was only for the bakers.

andrewkapish wrote:
These people also received the Eldergod cards and, case and point, a handful of people were upset to learn that they required 3 sets to construct.

I was not upset because I will not buy others sets. I like play with unique cards. It's an another possibility, not for me but who cares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.