Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're going to be at Valor Con Chicago this weekend, Sept. 30th-October 2nd, running open 1v1 demos. Click below for the full schedule!

https://valorcon2016.sched.org/moderator/alex_cheng.1vo4v4g0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jetjagaa wrote:
We're going to be at Valor Con Chicago this weekend, Sept. 30th-October 2nd, running open 1v1 demos. Click below for the full schedule!

Sadly, I will be in Indiana. But please do a Spinning Turbine Kick for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jetjagaa wrote:

How was Valorcon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It was good! Friday was pretty dead (2 full length demo games but only a half-day), Saturday was completely busy and awesome (8 full length demo games), Sunday was completely dead (only 1 full length demo all day—the hall was mostly vacant.) But in between demos we got to hang out with the fine designers of Wreck Age, which was a lot of fun.

You can tell it's only the convention's 2nd year and there are growing pains. They definitely need to attract more vendors and manage the flow of the space—it was hard to tell what was an official demo, what was open gaming, etc. That said, I'm pretty confident it's going to get bigger and better every year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jetjagaa wrote:
It was good! Friday was pretty dead (2 full length demo games but only a half-day), Saturday was completely busy and awesome (8 full length demo games), Sunday was completely dead (only 1 full length demo all day—the hall was mostly vacant.) But in between demos we got to hang out with the fine designers of Wreck Age, which was a lot of fun.

You can tell it's only the convention's 2nd year and there are growing pains. They definitely need to attract more vendors and manage the flow of the space—it was hard to tell what was an official demo, what was open gaming, etc. That said, I'm pretty confident it's going to get bigger and better every year.

I'm going to make the effort to go next year. It wasn't on my radar until too late.

Who's the fan favorite robot when you run demos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have preset 1v1 matches that we change each convention, but for this one it was Dai-Raijin V with Takashi Vs. Ayzn with Hadrian, and O-Gun with Noriko Vs. Chogoking with Dash. One player chose Dai/Takashi, right off the bat, but everyone else deferred to whichever robot/pilot they had happened to sit in front of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jetjagaa wrote:
We have preset 1v1 matches that we change each convention, but for this one it was Dai-Raijin V with Takashi Vs. Ayzn with Hadrian, and O-Gun with Noriko Vs. Chogoking with Dash. One player chose Dai/Takashi, right off the bat, but everyone else deferred to whichever robot/pilot they had happened to sit in front of.

Based purely on theme, I've always assumed the following pilot/robot matchups:

* Takashi/O-Gun: Because O-Gun is a melee-focused brawler with a huge amount of armor, and kinda looks like a Yakuza-bot

* Dash/Raijin V: Because they're both small, scrappy, and full of energy

* Noriko/Choking: Because they're skill-focused, and about pushing your mech until it's literally on fire

* Singh/ShinOkami: Because ShinOkami looks like the kind of robot a Klingon would build, and Singh's all about the "old warrior ways."

* Arkan/Azyn Black: Because Arkan has a giga-core, he can power up Azyn to Azyn black and still have power left over to super-charge his attacks. He's the epitome of the big boss.

* Kong/Ascalon: Because a robot with a sniper rifle is exactly the kind of mech a mercenary would use.

* Hadrian/Busted-Ass Prototype Azyn: I imagine Hadrian running the abandoned "prototype Azyn" (basically Azyn with Iron Fusion Override instead of the actual Iron Fusion stages). Basically, it's held together by genius and piano wire, with thruster rockets strapped to the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.