Subject: Metal Generals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Foulk
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there going to be rules for them or are the just eye candy? Also do we know who the figures represent... I bought them and they're nice figs but struggling to know who's who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foulksy wrote:
Are there going to be rules for them or are the just eye candy? Also do we know who the figures represent... I bought them and they're nice figs but struggling to know who's who.

This thread discusses who the generals are: metal generals which is which
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the OP wants to know what the generals will be used for? ...any ones guess whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generals????
Would they ever go into the trenches????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
I believe the OP wants to know what the generals will be used for?

I suspect they will be used in the soon-to-be-announced Drinking Wine in a Chateau Safe Behind the Lines expansion set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Foulk
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generals certainly visited the trenches but never during attacks as far as I know. I gues they would be off board like artillery reserves.

Of course you could simply use them to represent a focus of command attention giving some benefit or other; allowing a unit to ignore flags for example. It would be at risk as per the updated rule for special figures in the Tanks expansion.

Not really defined anything or tried anything yet but if I paint something I want to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
foulksy wrote:
Generals certainly visited the trenches but never during attacks as far as I know.

Perhaps we should use the generals as lower-ranking officers who might go over the top. In other words, less General George Mcready, more Colonel Kirk Douglas.

Perhaps you could attach a colonel to a battlefield unit (like a leader in other C&C games), and every turn he rolls a die -- if he gets a soldier symbol, he can activate his hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.