Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill H.
United States
Cibolo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting ready to take a business trip up to Houston in a couple weeks and I was wondering if there were any suggestions for some good places for pickup games on the NW side of Houston?

I play some Xwing, Armada, IA, and DnD, but I'd be interested in other stuff if people are playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly everything happening shares this calendar.

http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-313/

The Saturday meetup out in Katy is the one I attend and I can tell you more about that one if you feel it'll be close enough to where you'll be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, nearly all the meetups in Houston are in NW, which is a bummer for me, being in SW. I think those are more for board games than miniature games, though. You could maybe try Asgard Games to find some pickup stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
These guys are right. The Katy one at the Chinese buffet is a good one for board games. Lots of players, amazing selection of games the time I went.

Asgard Games is indeed the biggest miniatures scene I've seen in Houston, although it's neither North nor West. I also wouldn't show up just hoping a miniatures game would break out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
there is also Bad wolf Trading llc. they seem to specialize in deckbuilding and ccg's more than anything and they mostly have on there calendar MTG stuff :/ However, on wednesdays they do X-wing from 5:00 to 9:00.

But they are north west for sure so check them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
sillywilly4 wrote:

I play some Xwing, Armada, IA,

For those, check out the Houston Star Wars Gaming Meetup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NorthEast Houston has Ettin Games, which has one of the nicer stores for Pick-Up Games around.
They used to have dedicated X-Wing on Sundays, but I'm not sure that is still a thing...
On Driving: It's a straight shot W to E down the 99 Toll Road, so its not as far as it seems.
https://www.meetup.com/Ettin-Games/

The N Central area has:
Fat Ogre https://www.meetup.com/x-wing/events/234531159/ .
Also: Swords and Superheroes and Space Cadets for stores (in roughly descending order of likelihood).
All are worth checking out (for different reasons).

Also worth mentioning for completeness sake:
https://www.meetup.com/North-Houston-Boardgamers/
(OK, not really X-Wing, but a lot happening...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H.
United States
Cibolo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tons of great response. Really appreciate it. I'll probably bring a mix of board games and minis. I've been on a Star Wars binge lately. Sounds like finding a game can happen pretty easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Derscheid
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:
there is also Bad wolf Trading llc. they seem to specialize in deckbuilding and ccg's more than anything and they mostly have on there calendar MTG stuff :/ However, on wednesdays they do X-wing from 5:00 to 9:00.

Regrettably, Bad wolf Trading has shuttered their doors and is no longer in operation, as I understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derscheid wrote:
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:

Regrettably, Bad wolf Trading has shuttered their doors and is no longer in operation, as I understand it.

What?!?! No way!! I was going to head out there this Saturday to check it out.soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.