Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Pullen

Amarillo
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I are casual players. We play only against each other as there's no real Netunner scene here. I haven't delved into online play, though I hope to learn how to use Jinteki.net in the near future.

We're currently working our way through Core and Genesis cycle.

I've played this deck a few times with mixed success and I'm interested in feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Jinteki Personal Evolution
14 influence spent (max 15, available 1)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Future Proof

Agenda (9)

2x Braintrust
3x Fetal AI
2x Nisei MK II
2x Priority Requisition

Asset (12)

2x Edge of World
2x Melange Mining Corp.
2x PAD Campaign
2x Project Junebug
2x Ronin
2x Snare!

Upgrade (2)

2x Hokusai Grid

Operation (6)

3x Hedge Fund
3x Neural EMP

Barrier (6)

2x Eli 1.0 ●●
2x Ice Wall ●●
2x Wall of Static

Code Gate (6)

2x Chum
2x Tollbooth ●●●●
2x Viktor 1.0 ●●●●

Sentry (4)

1x Ichi 1.0 ●●
3x Neural Katana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron E.
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
This is fine!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like what you've put together here: A few things to try:

Get more mileage out of your id ability by dropping at least one priority requisition and adding:

1 more Braintrust

1 or more False Leads, which will allow you to make the runner lose two clicks during their turn, especially useful after they hit a snare to flatline them with your ronin or trash an important resource when they're tagged. I must note that False Lead can only be used if they have at least 2 clicks left.

OR if you happen to pick up Honor and Profit, there are some other amazing Jinteki agendas there as well.

1 or more Trick of Lights, which will allow you to take some advancement counters off a trap the runner didn't run, or an ice wall, and fast advance a 3/2 or 3/1 agenda (install and score it in the same turn).

Also, just as general strategy, you can go to 49 cards without having to add extra agenda points above 20 or 21. Most corp decks will have 49 cards so that it reduces the chance of the runner accessing an agenda.

Advanceable traps are tough to use, they are slow, and often the runner can just run them and then recover anyway if they're not advanced too much. If you are going to use them, it's best to up the stakes and try to advance them to four if possible. This puts the runner in a tough spot. It's either a ronin which will threaten them next turn, a junebug that will do 8 damage, an aggressive secretary that will obliterate their rig, or an agenda you will score. A later card called Mushin No Shin accelerates this strategy.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a lot of 2 offs, i.e. 2 of every card, instead of 3. I know the Core Set has not 3 copies of every card, but you need to make choices, so your deck plays more consistently.

First I would go for more economy here. Beanstalk Royalties and/or Green Level Clearance. Jinteki is not known for its abundance of money, so every little extra will help. 3 Pad Campaigns isn't that bad either.

Regarding agendas definitely add a Nisei MK II and a Braintrust. Try to lose both Priority Requisitions. False Leads, as suggested by Aaron, may be good as well.

I'm not sure you need so many ice. You're playing Jinteki.
If I were a runner I would pick the best breakers: Yog.0, Mimic, Corroder, Gordian Blade, ZU.13 Key Master. So if you pick ice, try to calculate how much it costs to break each ice with these breakers. You want your ice to be taxing and thus expensive to break.
Tollbooth is good (but expensive). Archer is good if you include 3 False Leads. The runner really needs a lot of Datasucker tokens if they use Mimic to break Archer.
And an ice like Pop-up Window can be of help here as well, since it's cheap and even gains you a credit each run on it.

I would also make the traps more consistent. Really make some choices here. You seem to want them all. Edge of World requires a server that has a lot of ice, while a Project Junebug doesn't really need a lot of ice.

Edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
You seem to not have that much money, considering that the Melange Mining Corp is about the only safe thing to run on for the runner and thus unlikely to stay up long. I'd try to put a bit more economy in the deck, especially Operation-based, so that your servers stay dangerous.
I agree with Trick of Light. The best thing to do with a trap that didn't work is to reuse the advancement tokens.

Also, you should probably run 49 cards. Lower agenda density is usually advantegous to the corp, even more so in a trap deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.