Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the heroes are adjacent, can they spend a Willpower to move a Curse in the front row of the other character to the back (if that Curse shows a Willpower as an action of course)?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Piemonte
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools

IIRC, you can exchange WP tokens at the beginning of a turn (if players are adjacent), so technically you can't do as you say, but by just giving a WP token to the other player, practically you achieve what you asked for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you can give the other character a WP to pay for a move he cannot afford himself (it says so in a rule example), I just thought I could to the same when he activates a non-character card (like a Curse card). Do you feel this reasoning is correct? Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Minor Weaver
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exchanging WP tokens
Hi,

I wouldn’t think of it as you are giving the other hero a WP token to DO something specific. From what I understand (and I hope I haven’t been misunderstanding the rules here), WP tokens can simply be freely exchanged back and forth between the characters so long as they are adjacent, regardless of the use they are then put to. I don’t believe it matters what the WP token is subsequently used for, and I’m pretty sure you can just-in-case pass WP to the other player so they’ll have them at their disposal in the future (again, so long as C & T are adjacent when the WP is divvied up). If Thorn, for example, has five WP and Chada but one, it might make sense for Thorn to pass two WP her way, especially in later adventures when the two are forced to diverge onto separate paths.

Anyone else able to confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
WP cannot be freely exchanged. A hero may only pay a cost for another hero, and only if they don't have enough already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Minor Weaver
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected!
Ah, got it! And shucks. I was worried about my having accidentally cheated in that regard. FUTURE READERS: My previous post is in error. I see now that it’s one character, in a dicey situation, helping the other but only at that one specific moment. My only excuse here is that there’s no official English translation of the rules, there being, bafflingly, no English edition of this masterful little game.

I’ll be posting a batch of tiny technical questions I have about Chada & Thorn this (CET) evening, so if you could take a look at that post I’d be grateful. For non-German speakers, it’s been a bit of a challenge to track down official rules clarifications.

Thanks again for setting me straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.