Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Gipson
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I just went through my first playthrough and there are a few rules that we played wrong, but it was still a fun game!

There are still a couple of others that I am not clear on.

1) Ward 14. When you count up the victory points for winning that election, is it worth 2 points total or is it worth 3 points total when you count the Tammany Hall bonus?

2) Favor discs bonus award for districts 4 & 7. Do you get to choose a favor disk of any type when you win these districts, or only a favor token from the types of immigrants that reside in that district? For example, if district 7 has two white cubes and an orange cube, and you win that district, could you choose to get an Italian favor token, or are you limited to just the English and the German favor tokens?

3) This question, I am pretty certain I understand it but I want to make sure. When you are mayor you get +3 victory points. It says in the rule that each person can use their office benefit once per turn. Since +3 victory points is printed on the card, that seems like the Mayor can get +3 points every year for 4 years and possibly longer if he continues to win elections. After playing the game though, I think it is only a one time benefit of +3 ... is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Huter
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) 2 points total.
2) Select a chip of any type.
3) The mayor receives +3 each term (not year). Typical game results in 4 mayors being elected. Each time a mayor is elected (or re-elected) they receive a one time bonus of 3 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
The actual rule about the Mayor's benefit is quite funny:

"Mayor - there is no benefit to be gained from this office during the year sequence. However, you should not complain as you did score three victory points and determined who got what offices."

Thus, as already said, you get your one time 3 VPs for being elected Mayor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.