United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
It is no longer a "recommendation" or "variant" but rather, hard coded into the rules:

Independent Great Old Ones do NOT provide Elder Signs tokens when you perform a Ritual of Annihilation. ONLY Faction GOOs do.

It will say so on the backs of the indie GOO loyalty cards (and in the Omega Master Rulebook). We are not providing errata reprints of ALL the GOO loyalty cards with the $1, (but it also didn't say you DO get an elder sign on the actual loyalty cards, it was just originally part of the rules is all).

Now you know. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about other things like faction GOO's that have combat strength that scales with number of enemy GOO's on the board? Have those rules already been patched?

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. We've been doing that anyway. Otherwise, the game ends too quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:
What about other things like faction GOO's that have combat strength that scales with number of enemy GOO's on the board? Have those rules already been patched?

-Dave

most of the time it is only based on Faction GOOs (such as Opener's combat), but other times not (such as WW's Hibernate, but that is capped at not doubling his current Power anyway). But yes, all appropriate changes like that have been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.
existoid wrote:
It will say so on the backs of the indie GOO loyalty cards (and in the Omega Master Rulebook).
Oh, by the way, when's "Omega (Release) Day"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Independent Great Old Ones do NOT provide Elder Signs tokens when you perform a Ritual of Annihilation. ONLY Faction GOOs do.

So I take it that Sandy is attempting to negate some of the game ending scenarios instituted when Gobogeg is in play?

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mohammed
msg tools
Hope to see this included on the omega rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Strahm
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
RobertGhent wrote:
existoid wrote:

So I take it that Sandy is attempting to negate some of the game ending scenarios instituted when Gobogeg is in play?

But they count for abilities like hibernate etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kylestrahm wrote:

Not with the errata changes. Only faction Great Old Ones count now. And the Hibernate ability has been capped to prevent abuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertGhent wrote:
kylestrahm wrote:

Not with the errata changes. Only faction Great Old Ones count now. And the Hibernate ability has been capped to prevent abuse.

The last ruling I saw was all goos count for hibernate, but you can't more than double your power.

Cheers, Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.