Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Can a frightened scientist use the card special ability to put raptors to sleep? It says the raptor has to be adjacent to a scientist to be put to sleep, but does a frightened scientist count for this? It happened in my game today. I had only one scientist on the board and I played my sleep card and wasn't sure if I played right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The basic rule is that a frightened scientist cannot perform ANY actions. It can neither move, nor shoot, nor use a jeep, nor use sleeping gas. It is as if it wasn't on the board at all (except that is does occupy a space.. [and can be eaten])." - official pronouncement from Fabien Conus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Martin

Palmer Rapids
Ontario
msg tools
I would just like to add to this question because I came across a similar situation. what if a scientist is down but is adjacent to a down baby raptor. Can the scientist still capture?

in the rule book under effects of raptor cards it states that a scientist who is down is inactive ( can neither shoot, nor move, nor make fire, nor use sleeping gas). NO mention of capture.

I believe the intention was to make the scientist completely inactive until standing, however why would capture be left out of the equation?

under action points for the scientist player it says, with one action point, a scientist can be set back to an upright position, but not on the same turn it was frightened. This scientist can immediately be used for other action points.

once again I'm confused. the last statement doesn't clearly express,rather implies that the scientist can use other action points for other things only once it is standing. However, the way it is read leads me to believe that the scientist is still able to use the ability capture based on the context.

rules clarification? has this been addressed previously? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Martial Solal - Bluesine || Balade du 10 Mars || Just Friends || In & Out
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ProMartins wrote:
I would just like to add to this question because I came across a similar situation. what if a scientist is down but is adjacent to a down baby raptor. Can the scientist still capture?

First you posted the question in your own thread, and were told that a scientist who is down can't do anything: Capture with a scientist who is down?. You made your arguments, and both I and another poster patiently explained the situation to you.

Apparently you didn't like that answer, so you posted again in another old thread (A frightened scientist...) to repeat the question. The game's publisher had already answered that one in no uncertain terms; I'll quote it for you:

FabienC wrote:
The basic rule is that a frightened scientist cannot perform ANY actions. It can neither move, nor shoot, nor use a jeep, nor use sleeping gas. It is as if it wasn't on the board at all (except that is does occupy a space).

Somebody else responded by repeating the answer for you: a frightened scientist can't perform ANY actions.

So now you're asking yet again in a third thread, one where the correct (and official) explanation has already been provided. Accept it or don't, but there's no need to continue posting the question because the answer won't change: a frightened scientist can't do ANY actions.

She's dead Jim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.