Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frothing at the mouth for this one. La Granja is one of my all-time favorites. This can't get here soon enough, but I'll be very surprised if it shows up before Spiel '16. I know the team at Fun Again is working to get ready for that one, if they can't get it to me before then, I'm sure I'll find something else to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
Anyone know how much longer??

From a reply I received from Funagain, sounds like it should arrive in the USA right around Essen at which point I expect they would turn around and ship the pre-orders. Of course, we're talking international shipping so dates can vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yein
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone got their order from Funagain yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kairaven wrote:
Has anyone got their order from Funagain yet?

Nope, and I've called and emailed them about this and other things, no replies.

Their communication is terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect they are swamped prepping for BGGcon. A month ago when I emailed them, they indicated that the game would come up on the website as available when it arrived at their warehouse. I'm debating if in the future I'll bother with using Funagain for these titles if this is going to be normal. It was this way last year too... I know international shipping has its own timeline and this probably isn't Funagain's fault, but I could already have the game from Philibert if I had known it was going to take this long (of course Philibert is now out of stock).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
My Essen Funagain order is filled and shipped, with the exceptions of Honshu and Solarius Mission.

I suspect they did not make the same container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solarius Mission and North American Railways were both shipped on a container around a month ago and hasn't arrived yet - shipped separately from the other Essen releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

This was my order status at the end of last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why is yours 51.99? I think it is listed at 64$ on the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

I have no idea. Perhaps they raised the price?

-Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It was my life, like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be.
mbmbmbmbmb
My Funagain order is listed at $58.49.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's odd I haven't seen any fluctuations in price as I've checked it over the past few months very regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why am I being charged 64.99$ + shipping for the same product? I live in RI? This may be the final straw for me... They are lucky that I've been waiting all year for this game shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I preordered very early... July 1st. How is that right to overcharge the first to order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain has a membership program which I've never taken the time to really read through and see any implications since I order from them just a couple times per year. Perhaps that also influences the price point and/or discount - I know a couple membership levels carry discounts but also require a yearly membership fee.

Before calling shenanigans, I would contact them for an explanation. I've generally had a response from them within a couple days whether I contact their Funagain account on BGG or email them directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rolling dice and taking names podcast just had an interview with one of the guys at funagain talking about the issue of shipping among other things. Should be interesting in light of this discussion. Am on mobile so I don't have the link but do a search and you will find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
I preordered very early... July 1st. How is that right to overcharge the first to order?

Hi all,

Back in the office now from BGG Con and getting time to actually read this thread.

First both Solarious Mission and North American Railways were in the same container and left Europe in mid-September. Once they hit the port they won the customs lottery not once but twice! It was originally pulled for routine customs exam (where they just x-ray the container to look for weirdness) then it was upgraded to "we open the container and look inside." As you might imagine this takes even more time. I talked to our forwarder yesterday (the 21st) and it's finally been released. It should be up to us hopefully before the weekend, though with Thanksgiving week shipping you can never tell.

Second the difference in prices depends on what level Rewards and Membership you enjoy with us. The Rewards program grants you better discounts the more you've spent with us, and the Membership program grants you better pre-order discounts independent of your Rewards level (though you get your Rewards discounts on pre-orders if those are better than your Membership level).

If you want to know more you can find links to each program on the front of Funagain. You can also write customer service and they'll be happy to explain the benefits to you.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark von Minden
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Games wrote:
dylanbradshaw wrote:

Hi all,

Back in the office now from BGG Con and getting time to actually read this thread.

First both Solarious Mission and North American Railways were in the same container and left Europe in mid-September. Once they hit the port they won the customs lottery not once but twice! It was originally pulled for routine customs exam (where they just x-ray the container to look for weirdness) then it was upgraded to "we open the container and look inside." As you might imagine this takes even more time. I talked to our forwarder yesterday (the 21st) and it's finally been released. It should be up to us hopefully before the weekend, though with Thanksgiving week shipping you can never tell.

Second the difference in prices depends on what level Rewards and Membership you enjoy with us. The Rewards program grants you better discounts the more you've spent with us, and the Membership program grants you better pre-order discounts independent of your Rewards level (though you get your Rewards discounts on pre-orders if those are better than your Membership level).

If you want to know more you can find links to each program on the front of Funagain. You can also write customer service and they'll be happy to explain the benefits to you.

-Nick

Thanks Nick. Any word now how we'll deal with the component issue in Solarius Mission (tiny disks)? I talked to Jeff at bgg.con, and he wasn't aware of the issue yet but said he'd look into it. I played the game at the con, and we used disks pillaged from other games. The ones included in the game are unusable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not seeing that is Funagain's problem? Spielworxx should be the one addressing the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark von Minden
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
I'm not seeing that is Funagain's problem? Spielworxx should be the one addressing the problem.

Totally fair. I was just wondering if there had been a conversation around it given that Funagain is essentially doing exclusive NA distribution of the game. It'd be a lot easier to get replacements from FA than from Spielworxx. That said, I don't see that FA is obligated to do so by any means.

EDIT: Oh, and Jeff from FA told me at bgg.con that Uli might possibly send FA replacement disks, but he really wasn't sure. Forgot to mention that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrkvm wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

Totally fair. I was just wondering if there had been a conversation around it given that Funagain is essentially doing exclusive NA distribution of the game. It'd be a lot easier to get replacements from FA than from Spielworxx. That said, I don't see that FA is obligated to do so by any means.

EDIT: Oh, and Jeff from FA told me at bgg.con that Uli might possibly send FA replacement disks, but he really wasn't sure. Forgot to mention that.

Hi Mark,

At this point none of us have had discussions with Uli about the issue. We will, but I need to play catch up for a couple days to figure out what the deal is going to be. I'm tempted to just hit DELETE on my inbox but that might make some people unhappy.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.