12 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » General

Subject: multiple expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
I have the gates of arkham and unseen forces expansions. I'm not quite sure where the mythos/master mythos cards from unseen forces are supposed to go? Can they go in with the gates of arkham mythos cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mythos deck coming with Gates replaces the previously released Mythos decks (and all the future decks as well): basically, starting with Gates, every ES expansion has its own, stand alone, Mythos deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
I was afraid of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
With Gates, though, the Mythos cards have the same back as the base game ones and the ones from Unseen Forces, so you could mix some of those into the deck if you like. I wouldn't recommend mixing more than 10 or so in, but you could at least include the Master Mythos cards, for example (as long as they don't have any rules issues with Gates: I don't think any of them do but can't remember offhand).

Unfortunately you can't do that with Omens of Ice, as the card backs are different. Well, you could do it, but it would be obvious which type of card was coming next! I suppose you could draw from the bottom or something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Bates
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually mix everything together, including the OoI mythos cards. It doesn't ruin things for me to know that the next set of doom will be served over ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chbates wrote:
....the next set of doom will be served over ice.

Literal LOL on that one! Bravo!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
xipuloxx wrote:
I wouldn't recommend mixing more than 10 or so in...

Why is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bucho22 wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
I wouldn't recommend mixing more than 10 or so in...

Why is that?

Well, you can if you want, of course. But the Gates mythos cards are specifically designed to be used with Gates, and mixing others in dilutes the experience, e.g. you'll draw ones with Gates-specific rules less often.

I think it's fine if you only mix in 10 or so, so you're not diluting it too much. There are 30 in the expansion, so that means 3 out of 4 will be still be from Gates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
I recently acquired someones complete collection. What about the items and other tings, do you guys keep all those separate as well? Is every expansion post Unseen Forces played as a stand alone game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
I recently acquired someones complete collection. What about the items and other tings, do you guys keep all those separate as well? Is every expansion post Unseen Forces played as a stand alone game?

You can mix all the small cards together without any problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Pater
msg tools
I'd like to make Gates of Arkham a bit easier for my group. Could mixing in original Mythos cards help with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
KPater wrote:
I'd like to make Gates of Arkham a bit easier for my group. Could mixing in original Mythos cards help with this?

Indeed. You can also play with 3 adventure cards from Gates, and 3 from the museum. Museum is always faceup, Arkham is faceup during setup, then facedown. Remove the Gates OWs and you should be fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.