Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any idea where the data for saved games might be stored? I updated my Mac from Yosemite to El Capitan, along with doing other clean up and back up stuff, and the next time I tried to play, my saved game was gone. Steam still shows it as there, but the game launches as if just installed.

I tried contacting both Steam, and the publisher, but they have ignored me.

Maybe, if I am lucky, the saved data is on my Time Machine backup, but I need to know where to look.

Thanks if anyone can help me. Hopefully, I didn't do something stupid while I was cleaning/updating, and wiped out my 238 hour saved game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Saved games that vanish
Not sure about Mac, but on Windows it is under:

C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\ChilledMouse\WarhammerQuest

I think the .local file is what you need (there are three or so names, but mine is earheart.local)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Saved games that vanish
I have received a reply from Steam support. Their programmer was out of the office, not ignoring me, so I apologize publicly for that earlier complaint.

Here is what they said, for anyone else's benefit.

Warhammer Quest Steam Support wrote:
Take a look in the following folders:

/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Caches/ChilledMouse/WarhammerQuest/

/Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/ApplicationSupport/ChilledMouse/WarhammerQuest/

(replacing YourUserNameHere as appropriate) “Library” is a hidden subfolder so you’ll need to make sure your Finder is setup to view hidden folders.

You may find that one of these folders has the older save files (these will be named either earheart, scott or armstrong); you’ll be able to tell by the date on the files which ones are correct. If so, first make a backup of all the saves you find in each of these folders to somewhere safe, and then copy the older files to the other (newer) folder. Worth checking for these folders in your old backups too.

Unfortunately, I had already pulled those folders among others from my backup, and it did not help. I assume I must have wiped those folders clean somehow, during my disk-cleaning/backup/update to El Capitan frenzy. I probably did something over-zealous, and erased what was needed. Oh well. Time to restart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.