Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quintious .
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped running this earlier this year because organizing was getting to be a hassle and a convenient reason to let them die came about. Then there was another trigger that has made me decide to start doing them again. So, let's get this going.

What: An evening of tabletop gaming, libations, and food w/ your fellow nerds
When: 1st Monday of every month, 6-10 pm (the next is October 3rd)
Where: Columbia Tower Club, 75th/76th floors of Columbia Tower (that's the big black one that towers over all the other ones, for those who don't know)
Cost: Free (Pay for your own food/drinks, no minimums)
Age requirements: 21+, no exceptions

Myself and another member of the Columbia Tower Club have started a monthly nerd night at the club. Headcount for these events is currently somewhat limited (50 max). RSVP's are required. No RSVP = no entry. RSVP priority is first-reserved-first-served, with the obvious right to refuse entry to those we decide are too much drama or into bad actorship. The club has previously asked us to tighten up our admission controls to account for anyone who can't behave like an adult in public, and we will honour that.

The only requirements are A) you bring a game to share (or be willing to play what someone else has brought along), B) you follow the club's dress/behaviour code (it is a private club), C) you follow Wheaton's Law and D) you SHOW UP. Since RSVP's are limited, if you say you'll be there and don't show, you've taken a spot away from someone else who wanted to go. See also: C. If you RSVP and no-show, you lose future privileges to attend. The events are free to attend (my co-host and I front those costs in the form of our membership dues), and you do have access to food and drink from the bar/restaurant on the 75th floor during the event.

By a rough estimate, we have approximately 10 slots left for our next event, which is October 3rd at 6 pm. Would be nice to get to know some of the forum crowd, and it proves a good networking opportunity. All of us are game geeks, obviously, and most of us are connected professionals, so expansion of network and power is a good thing.

How do you RSVP? Simple: You either message me directly or (and I prefer this) you join the Nerd Night Out Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/684440424992677/ , which always has the events posted at first.

Since we haven't done one of these in over half a year, I figure the next couple of months will be fairly loose with regards to having to make a wait list for attendees, but as it becomes more of a normalized thing again, it will become highly likely the RSVP list will fill up within a few hours of posting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see these coming back! I won't be able to make it for awhile due to newborn, but it's an awesome event and a fantastic venue. Highly encourage others to check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harvey
United States
Sumner
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Heck yeah. Newborn has me on hiatus but we shall most def be going. These are fun. Great hosts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.