Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2016 Print 'n Play Secret Santa Official Forum Announcement!

Hey there everyone! Has it really already been an entire year? How time flies it seems! As always welcome back for another year of being Santa!

This is my second year to run this Secret Santa. I have enjoyed participating for the last 4 years

Some people wish we had more time for crafting and hopefully by starting it up a little earlier, it will give everyone a little more wiggle room for crafting!

The rules continue to seem to work for us so we'll use them again for this year!

So enough babbling and let's get this started!!!

2016 Print 'n Play Secret Santa!

Introduction to Secret Santa Print & Play
On the boardgamegeek, there are a plethora of FREE games, there for the taking! The catch? YOU have to make them! Some simply require you to print and cut out, while others are much more complicated. In addition, you can make a quick player's copy, or take your time and make a masterpiece.

1. TO ENTER Sign up at the GeekExchange at this link: 2016 Print 'n Play Secret Santa!

2. The cutoff is October 31st, Monday! HALLOWEEN NIGHT! zombie Sign up before then. Signing up late DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU A SPOT. GET IN NOW, Don't wait!

3. You are expected to create a Print and Play game and pay for the postage to mail it to your target. You will be allowed to select which countries you want to ship to but please be mindful of our overseas friends. They need to have some people willing to ship to them as well. If you can manage it you will find it to be greatly appreciated by myself and your target as well. Please put some time and TLC into your creations - and remember that this is about the giving, not the receiving. This means that you don't have to be a Print and Play expert to participate! So don't be afraid to sign up even if you've never PnP'ed before.

4. NO remaking copyrighted games without permission. No one is going to go around and be the copyright police - just keep in mind that creating a game that designers are trying to make a profit with is hurting the industry, and our hobby as a result.

5. A minimum of 10 (10. Not 5, not 2, not even 8) pages of components is a good "guideline" for printing out. Zombie In My Pocket for example, has 2 pages of components. So you should print out another game. Of course, feel free to do more! This is about the giving.

6. Don't forget to use the Secret Santa BGG account to taunt the heck out of your target when they are assigned. It's really a lot of fun!

7. Remember during this month to look at your own lists of owns, and update your wishlist accordingly. Last year we used a geeklist wishlist and will do the same this year 2016 Wishlists So that your Santa could easily find something that fit your flavor of board game!

8. Did I also mention for participating you might get a neat EXCLUSIVE/RARE/IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OTHERWISE Geekbadge? I do not know how to do this and will need some help to make it happen.

Past years:
2009:

2010:

2011:

2012:

2013:

If you've got a suggestion on what you'd like this year's badge to be, post it up! I'll try and pick the one everyone seems to like the best and make sure they go out.

As always feel free to ask me any questions or post them here for quicker responses from veterans of our hobby!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and lets get some homemade presents under those trees!

Some Useful Links:
The Print and Play Guild
Print and Play Games Construction Tips and More Links
PnP Podcast (by FNH)
PnP Game Suggestions
2015 Wishlists of what you can wish for

And of course pictures and Gifts from the previous years!
Print and Play Secret Santa - 2011 - Gifts Received!
Print and Play Secret Santa - 2012 - Gifts Received!
Print and Play Secret Santa - 2013 - Gifts Received!
Print and Play Secret Santa - 2014 - Gifts Received
2015-print-and-play-secret-santa-gifts received

Make sure to add your wishlists!
2016 Print and Play Secret Santa Wishlist

Make sure to add your gifts received!
2015 Print and Play Secret Santa Gifts Received
2016 Print and Play Secret Santa Gifts Received

Remeber to use this account to taunt your target!

PnP Santa
msg tools
mbmbmb

User name: Print n Play Santa
Password: crafty
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Since we're all gathered I might as well add this here:

The last couple of years I've run the Mini PnP Secret Santa, with the guideline of "no more than 10 sheets" and an emphasis on smaller, less-flashy gifts as a more-accessible alternative - I'll do this again this year, but I'm planning on opening the signups later in the year - probably in about a month's time.

Since the effort and planning required are (hopefully!) less for the smaller Mini event, and it naturally attracts more newcomers to BGG exchanges, it seems better to decrease the time between signup and deadline to reduce the chances of people signing up and then realising later that they have other commitments. There were a couple of people who drifted out of contact over the course of the last Mini PnPSS, and in one case I still have no idea whether one participant sent or received a gift as both they and their recipient disappeared!

Don't worry, though! If you're looking for a no-pressure introduction to PnP Secret Santa events or simply want to do something small for a fellow geek, there will be a Mini PnP Secret Santa opening later this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As it goes: recently I've being doing a few video tutorials on various print-and-play topics; you can find them at my PnP website DiningTablePnP.com. I've been away from PnP for a fair bit of the summer, but I'm hoping to get back to recording soon; are there any topics that participants in the PnP Secret Santa would like to see covered before the exchange starts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely in, last year was a lot of fun.

Almost missed this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We only have 1 week left to get people to sign up for the PnP Secret Santa. We have 24 signed up so far and 1/3 of those are from outside of the United States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
In again for this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to make the badge again this year, if that's all right. I was thinking of a maybe a wreath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mini PnP Secret Santa signups - for Santas who are a bit overwhelmed at the idea of having to print and assemble a minimum number of sheets, or just feeling extra Christmassy* - are also now up until the 11th of November:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24056461#24056461

* It is perfectly acceptable to not feel Christmassy in the least in the tail end of October. I understand, but we have to kick this thing off before December or everyone would be late! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snowden27 wrote:
I'd be willing to make the badge again this year, if that's all right. I was thinking of a maybe a wreath.

That sounds good to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When will we receive our targets? I'm assuming early November?

Thanks!
-Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nov 2nd or 3rd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine, I'm in again. I do have my fancy color laser printer, so at least I won't have to run to Kinkos this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are up to 26 people in this years exchange. Spread the word to those you know would like to sign up. We are down to the wire to be able to sign up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped earlier today.

I feel like whoever my giftee is would probably be disappointed because my PNP skills are very low level.

I think I'm doing the other one though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Hah! I missed the cutoff this time. I guess the Mini-PnP Santa is better suited for me, anyway... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I dropped earlier today.

I feel like whoever my giftee is would probably be disappointed because my PNP skills are very low level.

I think I'm doing the other one though!

This is why I signed up for the mini version rather than this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
Check out the 2017 Solo Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized I missed the sign up for this. It's been a crazy busy time for me and I haven't been keeping up very well with everything on BGG. I'd still love to participate so maybe I can fill in as a backup Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the image I submitted for peer review, which is the first step in it becoming an actual microbadge. Any thoughts or helpful critiques from those here that will adorn it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

It's now a real microbadge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snowden27 wrote:
mb

It's now a real microbadge!

I will get it distributed to those involved in the exchange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still yet to receive anything. Have everyone got theirs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.