Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems once Greenbrier took over this campaign went down the toilet. Should have took a refund instead we payed double the cost of everything in stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it as $50 on Amazon?

I can't tell what's in the box, but I'm guessing it's the $30 or $40 pledge level?

Where are you getting that you paid double the price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is $20 everywhere online. Most of us paid $75-100 including shipping when you break it down it's more like $50 worth of stuff. They charged $20 for the playmat which is garbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Carter

Pflugerville
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for bang for your buck, why back a kickstarter at all? (serious question, not sarcasm)
A lot of kickstarters I've seen are drastically overpriced for the game you get. Let me clarify that - they are overpriced for the complexity, research, playtesting, enjoyment, etc. that has been put into or will be received from the game. They may be reasonable for the minis, artwork, playmats, boards, etc. that are included. My problem with that lies in the fact that no matter how pretty or cool looking a game is, if the gameplay is cr@p nobody is going to want to play it. I see the majority of kickstarter games as Alphas or Betas, but its a rare animal that is a polished, playable game.
I still back kickstarters, but am always aware that they may not be good games in the end and that 6 months down the line they may be on Amazon cheaper. You have to remember that with kickstarter you're basically giving your money away for the possibility of a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jenniecide wrote:
If you're looking for bang for your buck, why back a kickstarter at all? (serious question, not sarcasm)
A lot of kickstarters I've seen are drastically overpriced for the game you get. Let me clarify that - they are overpriced for the complexity, research, playtesting, enjoyment, etc. that has been put into or will be received from the game. They may be reasonable for the minis, artwork, playmats, boards, etc. that are included. My problem with that lies in the fact that no matter how pretty or cool looking a game is, if the gameplay is cr@p nobody is going to want to play it. I see the majority of kickstarter games as Alphas or Betas, but its a rare animal that is a polished, playable game.
I still back kickstarters, but am always aware that they may not be good games in the end and that 6 months down the line they may be on Amazon cheaper. You have to remember that with kickstarter you're basically giving your money away for the possibility of a game.

You don't get it.. This kickstarter original started as supporting an indie designer and it was sold that this would be the only way to get teh game. Well months after the campaign ended they announced Greenbrier is taking over and everything changed. OUr "collectors" editions were nerfed and everything restructured without backer consent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always do the math...

To back; Suggested MSRP - 30% must at most = pledge cost + shipping - value of stretch goals/bonus stuff - value of feeling good by "helping" a business.

If the KS doesn't pass this simple test, then wait for the standard release. If it does but you were mislead about some of these values, then you very much have a right to complain. Not all kickstarter board game projects fail this test. For example, nearly all Cool Mini or Not ventures greatly exceed the value of their later adjusted MSRP numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Always do the math...

To back; Suggested MSRP - 30% must at most = pledge cost + shipping - value of stretch goals/bonus stuff - value of feeling good by "helping" a business.

If the KS doesn't pass this simple test, then wait for the standard release. If it does but you were mislead about some of these values, then you very much have a right to complain. Not all kickstarter board game projects fail this test. For example, nearly all Cool Mini or Not ventures greatly exceed the value of their later adjusted MSRP numbers.

Again during the campaign the designer was adamant this was the only way to get so MSRP was arbitrary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, that's the worst. An indie designer got his project picked up by a publisher? I hate it when the projects I contribute to lead to success. I prefer my artists starving, toiling, living in squalor, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
--------------- ---------------

Seanville
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Ugh, that's the worst. An indie designer got his project picked up by a publisher? I hate it when the projects I contribute to lead to success. I prefer my artists starving, toiling, living in squalor, etc.

Yeah... I wanna get my deal and stick it to the man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
The game is $20 everywhere online. Most of us paid $75-100 including shipping when you break it down it's more like $50 worth of stuff. They charged $20 for the playmat which is garbage.

Dude.

The creator offered you, personally, a refund TWO WEEKS AGO.

Looks like you didn't find other backers to complain along with you in the KS comments, so you came over to BGG to try to stir some up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Dude.

The creator offered you, personally, a refund TWO WEEKS AGO.

Looks like you didn't find other backers to complain along with you in the KS comments, so you came over to BGG to try to stir some up?

You should do more research.. others complained in the comments too, scroll down.. I've been waiting for a refund none was offered. Good for those that were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

I'm glad the game got picked up .. good for him. Not happy they changed the collectors edition and devalued it without any sort of compensation or substitutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

I'm glad the game got picked up .. good for him. Not happy they changed the collectors edition and devalued it without any sort of compensation or substitutes.

Preach it. I've got a case of Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth! that were supposed to be a gold mine and instead I can't give them away. Game designers always screwing over the little guy. Amiright?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

Preach it. I've got a case of Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth! that were supposed to be a gold mine and instead I can't give them away. Game designers always screwing over the little guy. Amiright?

Once again, LSD is alone on his island looking for anyone that agrees with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Seanville
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

The Adventures on Unfair Island
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

But if it were someone else bringing it up it would be a different story.. irony. If you didn't back it or now the details then maybe don't bother. For anyone else this is a warning to avoid Greenbrier games and their kickstarters. I'm out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Seanville
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

But if it were someone else bringing it up it would be a different story.. irony. If you didn't back it or now the details then maybe don't bother. For anyone else this is a warning to avoid Greenbrier games and their kickstarters. I'm out!

Here's the rub... nobody else brought it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

Where's the 2p variant! This strategy is broken! These components are of poor quality!

If you don't like it, get out of my thread! Get off my island!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

Where's the 2p variant! This strategy is broken! These components are of poor quality!

If you don't like it, get out of my thread! Get off my island!

Yup, that sums up every LSD thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

What changes were made?

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

What changes were made?

Jorune

The solo/coop xpac, items and extra player add-ons were moved into the core box, instead of being 4 different tuck boxes. It was neccessary for the game to be viable and enticing in retail (which clearly has worked) - something I hadn't considered since I never planned on taking the game retail unless a publisher picked it up, and honestly I thought that was unlikely.

But they did and we changed stuff around. Anyone who wanted a refund got one (literally only 1 person actually went through with a refund because they were strapped for cash, not because they were upset). I offered LSD maybe 4 or 5 refunds over the course of the project? He's never taken me up on it, and I'm pretty sure I saw him selling the KS stuff for a pretty decent price here on BGG.

I tried to resolve his dislike for the campaign...but he wouldn't let me. Nothing else I can do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
Jorune wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

What changes were made?

Jorune

The solo/coop xpac, items and extra player add-ons were moved into the core box, instead of being 4 different tuck boxes. It was neccessary for the game to be viable and enticing in retail (which clearly has worked) - something I hadn't considered since I never planned on taking the game retail unless a publisher picked it up, and honestly I thought that was unlikely.

But they did and we changed stuff around. Anyone who wanted a refund got one (literally only 1 person actually went through with a refund because they were strapped for cash, not because they were upset). I offered LSD maybe 4 or 5 refunds over the course of the project? He's never taken me up on it, and I'm pretty sure I saw him selling the KS stuff for a pretty decent price here on BGG.

I tried to resolve his dislike for the campaign...but he wouldn't let me. Nothing else I can do!

Well, congratulations on a publisher picking it up. Must be something good in this game, so I'll go check out some reviews.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
Jorune wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
tumorous wrote:

What changes were made?

Jorune

I have not been able to sell my stuff and there is no way I will be able to recoup the $100 I paid since everything is way cheaper on line already.. You offered me a refund once but at that point all I wanted was compensation for the stupid digital download that was supposed to replace the collectors box that was absolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
You offered me a refund once but at that point all I wanted was compensation for the stupid digital download that was supposed to replace the collectors box that was absolved.

So he did offer you a refund? But I thought...

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I've been waiting for a refund none was offered.

And to top it off, you turned it down because you actually wanted what amounted to LESS than a full refund.

Oooooookay whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
You offered me a refund once but at that point all I wanted was compensation for the stupid digital download that was supposed to replace the collectors box that was absolved.

So he did offer you a refund? But I thought...

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I've been waiting for a refund none was offered.

And to top it off, you turned it down because you actually wanted what amounted to LESS than a full refund.

Oooooookay whistle

Well

ssgibson wrote:
I offered LSD maybe 4 or 5 refunds over the course of the project?

But surely they were all offered BEFORE LunarSoundDesign decided he wanted a refund after all, so shame on Stephen Gibson for anticipating LunarSoundDesign needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.