Hide
11 Posts

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » General

Subject: Where to stop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Gill
msg tools
I will only really play with my son and have only 1 core set and all the warlord cycle. Is this a viable point to stop collecting ? Or should I collect more if so to what point.

Also I are the deluxe sets complete, or do I need to buy the other cycle cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Nemeth
Austria
Wien
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game will be discontinued, because Games Workshop and Fantasy Flight Games ended their partnership.

I would recommand at least getting the Tyranid deluxe expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like the game, so I keep buying. That the expansions will end actually makes it more reasonable to get into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Little Willy wrote:
I will only really play with my son and have only 1 core set and all the warlord cycle. Is this a viable point to stop collecting ? Or should I collect more if so to what point.

Also I are the deluxe sets complete, or do I need to buy the other cycle cards.

A second core, the Tyranid and Necron deluxe sets. After that, it's up to you.

That said, if it doesn't break the bank, you might want to grab everything now, while you can still get it at retail prices.

GW licensed games tend to explode in cost, once they go out of print, and the original, retail stock runs dry. For instance, the Warhammer: Invasion LCG's Assault on Ulthuan set is already running at around $200 new. It'll probably be a lot cheaper, in the long run, to finish up what you can now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
A second core, the Tyranid and Necron deluxe sets. After that, it's up to you.

Wholly agreed. If you do want to keep collecting past the deluxes, then I recommend the Planetfall cycle (both because it's more readily available--they obviously printed a very short run of Death World, because it's disappearing everywhere--and because it's arguably the best expansion cycle of the three).

To answer your question, the deluxe sets are complete. Obviously the factions get a little better/more varied with more cards from the expansion cycles, but you don't have to have anything beyond their respective deluxe boxes to play Tyranids or Necrons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Considering a full card set is 3 cores, 2 deletes and 12 warlocks ir will be quite cheep, as CCG/LCGs go, to buy the entire game.

If anyone needs SKUs from this game my FLGS has almost everything in stock but does not sell online. Let me know what you want and i'll pick it up and pass it on at cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tekwych wrote:
Considering a full card set is 3 cores, 2 deluxes and 12 warpacks it will be quite cheep, as CCG/LCGs go, to buy the entire game.

If anyone needs SKUs from this game my FLGS has almost everything in stock but does not sell online. Let me know what you want and i'll pick it up and pass it on at cost.

Cleaned that up (assume it was a phone post).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Idaho11 wrote:

Cleaned that up (assume it was a phone post).

and sleep depravation. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
they obviously printed a very short run of Death World, because it's disappearing everywhere.

I haven't thought of this but it might be a good explanation - I was puzzled why the only Warpacks already sold out on the FFG-site were the newest ones (and not the oldest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The old cycles had a reprint at least once. This latest cycle won't be getting a reprint, and it's possible they did a reduced printing to shrink to their expected demand such that they don't risk having a big inventory that they can't sell at the end of the year. We are probably exceeding the expected demand because of increased interest due to the game going out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gill
msg tools
thank you evryone off to amazon I go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.