Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Leaving Earth, along with the Outer Planets Expansion, arrived today. My brother and I played a two player game and we spent the last 5 hours playing as we hammered out the rules and calculated what we were doing. We did a Hard game so we had 3 easy, 3 medium, and 2 hard missions. I played as the US, my brother played as USSR. I took an early lead getting the Sounding Rocket mission and my brother killed his first astronaut. Later I got the Man on the Moon mission completed after my brother surveyed the moon and got a man into orbit safely. Right up to the end I was leading until my brother successfully sent a lander to Mercury and back, which I think we had determined based on the time remaining (It was 1974) and the remaining missions were out of reach for either of us being too far away. So my brother won the first game. I think we made a few mistakes along the way, like we forgot to award $10 million to other players when one player wins a mission and we may have made others. I plan to reread through the rulebook again before trying again. It was really cool though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Durango
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to a great game and BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting out with on Hard level was indeed jumping in with both feet! I doubt I would have been able to get to Mercury and back very well on my very first game, but I also didn't have the pressure of a sibling staring me down, either.

Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.