Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is interesting. I've tried to post in the official Mechs vs Minions game forum, and it wouldn't let me, I contacted support, and they told me:

Quote:
You'll have to get your League of Legends account to level 6 by playing the video game in order to post on the Boards (you can play a couple of Co-op vs. AI games to rise in level quickly). The level 6 rule exists in order to prevent people from creating dummy accounts to troll the Boards. Discussing the Mechs vs. Minions board game is no exception, since the board game is a tie-in to the LoL video game.

So apparently I have to play a totally different game than Mechs vs Minions to be able to discuss Mechs vs Minions on their official boards.

I can understand why they were doing this when they only had the one game, but I must admit it's a little frustrating for someone like me who doesn't plan on plan on playing League of Legends.

UPDATE It appears the issue is resolved - I can post on the forum now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
So apparently I have to play a totally different game than Mechs vs Minions to be able to discuss Mechs vs Minions.

Apparently not. We're discussing it right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Felkor wrote:
So apparently I have to play a totally different game than Mechs vs Minions to be able to discuss Mechs vs Minions.

Apparently not. We're discussing it right now!

That is obvious. And it's clear that this is going to be the place for boardgamers to discuss it anyways, if they are blocking out most of the board game community from their forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this last week. I wasn't able to post either. There is the policy statement you must agree to that never shows up for me to accept. At least we have bgg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand why they would do this, spam on the big games forums can be horrendous.

On the bright side Riot have been really active here with posting and answering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This definitely isn't working as I intended. I appreciate the heads up.

If there's anything you wanted to chat about here, though, I'd be happy to help you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
I'd guess there's not much that can be done about it now, without opening the boards up to spam, but since your account is linked to your purchases, hopefully once you buy the game they can use that to grant access off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

If there's anything you wanted to chat about here, though, I'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks. I really appreciate how active you've been on both boards.

I definitely didn't want to come across as angry or anything - mainly just wanted to give people a heads up if they couldn't figure out how to post on the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not at all; it was a goof - definitely not the experience we intended. I hope you feel like we're responding here even if you can't participate in the conversations over there (yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

As someone who grew up playing MMO's (going back to Ultima Online), I hate to admit it but you made the right decision. Video games online seem to attract..... all sorts of... characters. Anyone who has minimal exposure will have trouble understanding just how vitriolic people can be on video game forums. Trust me nothing on BGG has ever come close to the stuff I have read /shudder.

Looking forward to buying the game and reviewing it over on my Youtube channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Not at all; it was a goof - definitely not the experience we intended. I hope you feel like we're responding here even if you can't participate in the conversations over there (yet).

Thanks,

If I get a chance, I'll see if I can get those levels on LoL. I actually tried the game against the AI and it's pretty cool. It's just right now between family and other responsibilities, it's hard to find an hour where I can sit at the computer and know I won't get interrupted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you have fun! The same way I know MvM won't be for everyone, League isn't for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you can't find time to play the game, you can still find wallpaper for your desktop! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Hope you have fun! The same way I know MvM won't be for everyone, League isn't for everyone.
I stopped playing when I changed to Linux and dropped Windows. League isn't for anyone using Linux (and I'm not about to use wine to get around that...). Great game when I was able to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE - I can now post in the official forums. While I unfortunately did not get informed by support or anything of the change, as of today I can now post in the Mechs vs Minions forums, so it appears this issue has been resolved.

The support person told me I should only have to play a couple of Co-Op games of LoL to get myself to Level 6. I did decide to give this a go, but after 3 hours and several games, I was only at level 5, and it was clear that it would still take 2-3 games to get to level 6, and I still haven't had the opportunity to play again.

The game is actually kind of fun, but I feel like unless I was very often trying out new characters to play, it would get fairly repetitive. Also, on my second game, (playing on "Intro" mode) I had a player get upset at me for being in the wrong "lane". I've heard some negative things about the LoL community, and while I didn't have any other issues other than this, it's true that it didn't take long to run into someone who was not too friendly.

Anyway, just felt like sharing my experiences and also let people know that they shouldn't have any problem posting on the Mechs vs Minions forum now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... there are less-than-friendly folk in just about any community, and we've got a pretty big community. Sorry to hear you ran into one so quickly.

That being said, if anyone is interested in teaming up, I'd be happy to show you the ropes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You can totally trust a guy named MrPiddlesworth. 100%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPiddlesworth wrote:
Yeah... there are less-than-friendly folk in just about any community, and we've got a pretty big community. Sorry to hear you ran into one so quickly.

That being said, if anyone is interested in teaming up, I'd be happy to show you the ropes.

Completely off topic but just wanted to finally comment on how amazingly helpful and friendly the Riot (Rito?) crew has been here in BGG. Ever since this game was announced I've seen them pop up repeatedly to answer questions and help troubleshoot issues.

Y'all have certainly made a fantastic first impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
the Riot (Rito?)

I personally prefer Rito

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.