Vijayakrishna Ranganathan
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Having waited long for a 2-4 player QMG (particularly for three players), I'm super excited to have bought VoD.

The rulebook probably is good but having never played QMG (only adored), I'm certainly having to see the VoD game being played. With the differences in rules between QMG original and VoD, it also doesn't make sense to watch the videos on QMG original and male rule mistakes while playing VoD.

Unfortunately, there's no video on YouTube on how to play VoD or a playthrough of VoD. Can you please arrange to have a how to play plus a playthrough of a few turns of VoD. Hoping you can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you read the Play by Forum games
Victory or Death Play by Forum Game 2
and previously
Victory or Death Play by Forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely need to do this...at some point...pretty soon....when I get around to it..whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is very clear and precise, and the examples pretty useful to back it up. The game is rather simple for a wargame. The only relatively difficult aspect of the rules is the precise workings of supply, bribes, and mustering. I don't think a video would really help with those because you need to know how they work exactly, not roughly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
I wrote that post after reading the rulebook several times. I also mentioned that the rulebook is good but I bet anyone that has not played Quartermaster General and learns the game only with the rule book, it's very easy to make a rule mistake. And i want to avoid that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thanks Ian. Appreciate your response. Would be waiting for your video!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Making videos for all my games has been on my list for a while. Different people learn different ways, and I'm remiss in not doing this for my games, given that we're in the 21st century. My unfortunate "get around to it" attitude is due to I personally don't learn very well from videos.

My wife had a game store for 7 years and I helped her on the weekends as chief geek, and I also taught computer and project mgmt classes. Most people cannot learn games (or computer software) by reading a manual. It has nothing to do with intelligence, although highly intelligent people who don't learn well from manuals can "brute force" their way through a manual. (I've known plenty of academics (PhDs) who fall into the category of people who do not like to RTFM.) I think a large part of the increase of tabletop gaming is due to Youtube videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
IanBrody wrote:
Making videos for all my games has been on my list for a while. Different people learn different ways, and I'm remiss in not doing this for my games, given that we're in the 21st century. My unfortunate "get around to it" attitude is due to I personally don't learn very well from videos.

My wife had a game store for 7 years and I helped her on the weekends as chief geek, and I also taught computer and project mgmt classes. Most people cannot learn games (or computer software) by reading a manual. It has nothing to do with intelligence, although highly intelligent people who don't learn well from manuals can "brute force" their way through a manual. (I've known plenty of academics (PhDs) who fall into the category of people who do not like to RTFM.) I think a large part of the increase of tabletop gaming is due to Youtube videos.

Very well said, sir!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zero Budget Geek
United States
Putnam Valley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian, I could probably knock out a few tutorial videos. I've been doing them for quite a while as you can see by this sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_qJQCgzubo&list=PLbrtwwNOXb...

You know how to reach me! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.