Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a feel for how replayable this will be once you beat Year 7? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Casadonte wrote:
Does anyone have a feel for how replayable this will be once you beat Year 7? Thanks!

Infinite replayability. Just like chess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the real question is not if you can replay the game again but how many plays until you don't want to play again.
Chess is replayable but after playing just once that was enough for me :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if we could somehow make a head to head deck building dueling variant out if this game it would have way more replayiblity. Star realms meets Harry Potter. It shouldn't be too hard actually. The biggest problem is some of effects you would want in your deck are on dark arts cards. Hmmm.

Looks like I got myself a new project. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
I can't say for certain, but I would say pretty high. My GF and I beat game 6 last night, and read ahead to game 7. I don't see any reason we would go back to the earlier games (except to bring new people into the game), but I also can't see a reason why we wouldn't play again from time to time. It probably won't be coming out 3-4 nights a week as it has been, but it will still come out for game nights.

The games (years) don't really have anything that can be spoiled (it's not a legacy game), it's more like adding new layers of depth and complexity to the game. Game 7 has a lot of fun things going on, which means more replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest concern with replay ability is that I don't feel like I'm deckbuilding quite as much as in other Deckbuilders (Ascension, Legendary in particular). Those games I'm very conscious of what card types/factions/etc. I don't get that same feeling here.

Doesn't mean it's not a good game, but it concerns me on how well it will hold past the campaign for my wife and I.

As previously mentioned, a dueling format would be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.