Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Privateer» Forums » General

Subject: Update #45 - Privateer has commandeered a ship and is heading out... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, by all accounts, this thing has risen from the dead...

Quote:
We're Finally Setting Sail!

..LITERALLY!

Hey everyone! We’ve been waiting so long to give this news. Our games are finally getting out of the Panda warehouse and sailing over the ocean! They are getting closer and closer to your doorsteps

Here are the individual updates:

- Air Shipments are shipping out TODAY! (more info on this below)
- EU and Australia cargo have been picked up TODAY and heading out to their cargo ship!
- USA and Canada cargo are being picked up later TODAY or TOMORROW and heading out to their cargo ship!

——————————

Air Shipments? What are those..?

For those backers who are NOT in the USA, Canada, Europe, or Australia, we are having your packages ship out straight from the Panda warehouse. This includes Asia, South America, and our special backer from Bermuda! We chose to do this because there weren’t enough shipments to justify coordinating a whole fulfillment center in these countries for less than 10 packages. If you’re wondering, shipping out from Panda was NOT a viable option for every single shipment.

To our Asia, South America, and Bermuda backers - I will let you know ASAP if Panda will give out tracking numbers. Be ready for the game!!! Please see Product Notes at the end of this update for information about what you will be receiving.

——————————

So… some people are getting their games WAY before I do?

Unfortunately, yes, those of you in the 4 fulfilled countries will have to wait a bit longer. But fortunately, there are going to be a handful of people to finally get the games and get us all excited that it is REAL and we’re a step closer to getting the game in everyone’s hands

I hope you all understand that this was the most cost effective way for us (choosing a fulfillment center for a select few countries and just directly shipping out the rest). For a little more transparency, there is a range of 50 to 600 addresses to ship to for our 4 fulfilled countries, and literally only 7 addresses to ship to Asia, 9 in South America, and 1 in Bermuda. It wasn’t worth it to add in two more fulfillment centers for Asia and South America! Hope that makes sense and I’m sorry we can’t get everyone the game at the exact same time!

——————————

When will I get my game then?!?!?!?!

I want to refrain from giving any exact date due to unpredictable variables such as delays at Customs and Ports, packaging times, etc. But I will say that we are hoping the time from China to each fulfillment center will take 3-4 weeks. From there, the centers will pick and package each item based on the order (let’s give this a week?) and from there it will be shipped to each home (let’s give this two weeks). Again, these times are APPROXIMATE. But I will be here to update you all along the way like I have been! We’re still aiming that you’ll get your games before Christmas!! *crossing my fingers*

——————————

* PRODUCT DELIVERY NOTES

(I will probably be repeating this in every update once more deliveries are out.)

Upon delivery, please note the following:

- Base Game & Base Game + Expansions are both in identical looking boxes. Due to certain time, financial, and design constraints during production, it was decided that the Corsair Expansion was added into the same box as the base game. So if you ordered one base game and an expansion, don’t fret if you only see one box! (In the future I’d like to create a box insert organizer for this situation!)

- Only the Privateer Base Game and Base/Corsair Combos will be shipping! Art Books will ship separately and are delayed until the end of the year. We put focus on the shipment of the games as I assume people are much more anxious to get those We love our artwork and artists - we are taking our time and working hard on making the art book awesome - it will be worth the wait!

—————————— ——————————
—————————— ——————————

Thank you again for everyone’s patience. I know it seems like we should’ve hit this milestone YEARS ago.. but let’s not dwell on our inexperience and mistakes in the past. Let’s be happy that we’re on the right track now. It’s safe to say that if we ever decide to put another game out... we’re pros at the shipping process now!!

—————————— ——————————
—————————— ——————————

TL;DR Asia, South America, Bermuda backers are getting their games soon, straight from Panda’s warehouse. USA, Canada, Europe, and Australia cargo is going out to sea by tomorrow toward their fulfillment centers. Roughly estimating 6-8 weeks for doorstep delivery (but don’t quote me on it!) This includes warehouse to fulfillment time, customs & port inspection time, picking & packaging at fulfillment center, shipping to doorstep. YAAAYY!

As always, please comment, message, or email (melissa@ensigniagames.com) me with any concerns or questions. I will respond as soon as I can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who would have thought, right? Over two years late, yet it still sets sail. Potentially getting into backer hands by Christmas, if not by Thanksgiving. Let's hope it delivers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Walsh
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't believe each new update is true but how do I love seeing an update from them in my inbox now. Yrs ago I was dreading seeing something from them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeap I got it like just now. Just to share that it's coming on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pikpik11 wrote:

You got the game already!? Really?!

surprise surprise surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
pikpik11 wrote:

You got the game already!? Really?!

surprise surprise surprise

I think he meant that he got the latest update. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.