Subject: Why only level 2 ships in 2 player games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Åkerblom
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the point of only using the level 2 ships in 2 player games? I am guessing there is a reason but I dont see the point why you shouldn be able to use the bigger ships when playing with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 2-player Waterframe all of once so this is conjecture but I'm guessing it is for balance between shipping and the local markets. I jumped on shipping early and managed to snap up all 30 shares whilst still being able to upgrade my factories in a timely fashion. But to do so required plenty of planning (and, ideally, an opponent who starts shipping a lot later). I still only won by one share's value.

Perhaps the larger ships are simply too powerful in a 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, the biggest contract is 4, so level 2 ship is just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bobbyrayiam wrote:
I've played 2-player Waterframe all of once so this is conjecture but I'm guessing it is for balance between shipping and the local markets. I jumped on shipping early and managed to snap up all 30 shares whilst still being able to upgrade my factories in a timely fashion. But to do so required plenty of planning (and, ideally, an opponent who starts shipping a lot later). I still only won by one share's value.

Perhaps the larger ships are simply too powerful in a 2-player game.

perfectly correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.