Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit confused about what the differences are between the pre-order and retail edition of the game.

I have read through the forums, and reviewed the website for the game. I'm still unsure on what the final differences will be.

Also, does anyone know what might be in the secret content? Yeah, I know it's secret but I'm curious if people on here have some ideas of what it might be.

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what it's like for Canada but you might want to check shipping prices before you worry about content. For most of the world shipping costs more than the actual game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit confused about what the differences are between the pre-order and retail edition of the game.

I have read through the forums, and reviewed the website for the game. I'm still unsure on what the final differences will be.

Also, does anyone know what might be in the secret content? Yeah, I know it's secret but I'm curious if people on here have some ideas of what it might be.

Thanks in advance

I think the only thing we are keeping totally secret is the story stuff. Which we will continue to keep secret Because spoilers.

The retail edition is planned to be 100% content the same. The pre-order edition will come with some bonus cards that are pretty fun little things, but nothing that is going to be super duper game-changing where you will kick yourself for not owning.

You are in Canada so shipping is probably way too expensive for you (it is the actual cost of shipping for us, which once you get over a 5.5 pound box for international becomes insanity it turns out), so we'll have some news about how we will handle the pre-order bonuses for foreign backers soon. I'm still working through logistics on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... so the $30 retail special insert will be included int he retail copy as well????!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrissy G
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
corkysru wrote:
Wait... so the $30 retail special insert will be included int he retail copy as well????!?!?

This is a very good question....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigersareawesome wrote:
corkysru wrote:

Pandasaurus previously said they're trying to work out the final production costs such that the retail edition can include the Game Trayz insert, but they can't yet guarantee it will be included in retail. So to guarantee you'll get the insert without paying extra, you need to pre-order it.

No, it's not an ideal situation, but there you have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be hasty and make the assumption that based on the above post from Pandasaurus where he says:

Quote:
The retail edition is planned to be 100% content the same. The pre-order edition will come with some bonus cards that are pretty fun little things, but nothing that is going to be super duper game-changing where you will kick yourself for not owning.

That their hopes are to get the insert in the retail version, which they've stated before was their intent, but weren't sure if they could make it work.

I think it's a smart move for them, that insert is definitely going to turn heads, I can already see every review video raving about it and with the volume of games coming out, you need something to turn heads... the unfortunate thing though is that I a lot of people who pre-ordered ate that shipping cost most likely assuming it was worth it because they were getting a sweet insert for free that other people would have to pay for, or miss out on all together.

It should have been made more clear because I think it's going to anger people one way or the other. Either it was misleading on the website where the insert is mentioned as if it's a separate item being included, or people are waiting for the game at retail and might miss out on an insert they thought would be available.

They've said that they're unsure the logistics of whether or not the insert can be provided in the base box, but this probably should have been figured out and made clear.

Either way I'm super looking forward to this game... but that insert is so great looking, I think I'd be really let down if I end up not being able to get it if it goes that route. It's hard enough trying to overlook the promo cards I'll be missing out on because money is tight right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
I'm going to be hasty and make the assumption that based on the above post from Pandasaurus where he says:

Quote:

That their hopes are to get the insert in the retail version, which they've stated before was their intent, but weren't sure if they could make it work.

I think it's a smart move for them, that insert is definitely going to turn heads, I can already see every review video raving about it and with the volume of games coming out, you need something to turn heads... the unfortunate thing though is that I a lot of people who pre-ordered ate that shipping cost most likely assuming it was worth it because they were getting a sweet insert for free that other people would have to pay for, or miss out on all together.

It should have been made more clear because I think it's going to anger people one way or the other. Either it was misleading on the website where the insert is mentioned as if it's a separate item being included, or people are waiting for the game at retail and might miss out on an insert they thought would be available.

They've said that they're unsure the logistics of whether or not the insert can be provided in the base box, but this probably should have been figured out and made clear.

Either way I'm super looking forward to this game... but that insert is so great looking, I think I'd be really let down if I end up not being able to get it if it goes that route. It's hard enough trying to overlook the promo cards I'll be missing out on because money is tight right now.

I prefer to buy new games through my FLGS. It's my preference for a variety of reasons. I don't want to preorder through Pandasaurus because of a bunch of supposed exclusive items only to find out I could get most of them from my FLGS.

That's just shitty business practices. Figure this out before you make announcements.

That's not even getting onto my soapbox about preorder bonuses not being sold at later dates...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Collins
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
tigersareawesome wrote:
corkysru wrote:

Pandasaurus previously said they're trying to work out the final production costs such that the retail edition can include the Game Trayz insert, but they can't yet guarantee it will be included in retail. So to guarantee you'll get the insert without paying extra, you need to pre-order it.

No, it's not an ideal situation, but there you have it.

The Game Trayz insert is why I pre-ordered. The way it was presented in multiple places lead me to believe that it was a pre-order bonus.

I don't have time to read every word written everywhere by a publisher to read between the lines and decipher them. The pre-order page makes it look like a pre-order bonus and I should not have to look elsewhere to clarify that.

From their website http://pandasaurusgames.com/project/wasteland-express-delive...:
Quote:
"Pre-Order Wasteland Express today!
Includes:

GameTrayz custom box insert
Exclusive Early Adopter Promo Pack"

I interpret this to mean:
1. GameTrayz customer insert is included, at no extra charge. May be available for a charge later.
2. Early Adopter Promo Pack is only available for Pre-Orders and will not be available later.

Again, from their website http://pandasaurusgames.com/product/wasteland-express/:
Quote:
"Pre-Orders include:

Game Trayz custom insert for Wasteland Express – A $30 Value
Exclusive Early Adopter Pack

Exclusive Event Cards
Exclusive Faction Missions
Exclusive Top Secret Addition
Early Adopters Delivered 2 weeks before retail copies
10 Custom Highly-Detailed Miniatures
75 Custom Designed goods cubes
12 Custom D-6 Combat Dice
1 Custom D-12 Radiation Check Die
100+ Cards
16 Terrain Tiles
23 Cities
6 Player Boards
Various Cardboard Chits"

The bold is on the website. It makes these items stand out as something you are getting for Pre-Ordering.

I really hope this gets clarified quickly by Panadasurous
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:

That is contradicting the statement about the pre-order exclusives at your website.

Magallian wrote:
At the website I have read the following statements:

Quote:
They are going to be items you *really* want in the box and you won’t be able to get them outside of this pre-order campaign.

Quote:
We know for sure there will be exclusive faction missions for the game that will change gameplay up in ways that the base game doesn’t. There will be event cards. These will be cards with an s on the end of them. So while we don’t have a final count, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 events and 6 faction missions (2 per faction) is the goal. This would represent a 25% increase in events and a 12% increase in faction missions, so nothing to sneeze at.

Summarized, this is something you do not want to miss out as a fan! Personally I don't care if I have to pay extra to get this pre-order bonus if it will be sold as an pre-order expansion to circumvent the issues of shipping and VAT of the whole sha-bang together. Without other feassable options I personally would reconsider purchasing a base game without any chance to get this unique content in the near future. Simply because it feels something "that good" - or as stated - 25% of events has been left out, making the whole experience less complete. And let's face it Pandasaurus Games! That is nothing to sneeze at!

stooge wrote:
We will have a solution for foreign backers for the pre-order goods, but our expectations is absolutely not that people are going to pay 120+ dollars for a copy of the game.

Looking forward to that solution! Would be great if it results in an add-on which can be ordered by international customers who can get a retail copy from a local store and get these exclusives as an add-on directly from your store which will not weigh that much (with shipping the add-on automatically become more affordable than $120-200 on shipping and taxes for the basegame incl. these pre-order exclusives.)

And how the game is shaping up so far looks awesome! Amazing work Pandasaurus Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, with the game probably less than a month away, and probably already in full production, any news about if the Tray will be included in the retail edition? And any news if the pre-order cards will be sold on their website or BGG store down the road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHO Key
Japan
flag msg tools
Does the item of this shop include the following items?
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/pan201701.html

Pre-Orders include:
Exclusive Event Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meat_key_meat wrote:

Pre-Orders include:
Exclusive Event Cards

Yeah stooge... can you clarify this for us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also like to know - they are showing a different tray in some of the publication images on twitter. wondering if retail gets a lower tier tray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danimal13 wrote:
also like to know - they are showing a different tray in some of the publication images on twitter. wondering if retail gets a lower tier tray

Finally found mention of the missing GameTrayz (which haven't been shown anywhere), in the Periscope they mention that they're not done yet for a few more weeks, but will be included: https://www.periscope.tv/Pandasaurusgame/1nAKEVMPyBYGL?t=12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
meat_key_meat wrote:

Pre-Orders include:
Exclusive Event Cards

Yeah stooge... can you clarify this for us?

I'm pretty positive that pre-ordering from anyone but Pandasaurus games will get you the Game Trayz insert (despite the misleading price mention), but NOT anything labeled Exclusive. So majority of people will be missing out on game content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, if you pre-order you might never get a copy but if you buy it retail you will have your copy in hand. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.