Subject: Why not buy when it hits retail OLGS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
I looked and there seems no KS exclusives. Why would I not save my money for 8 months and then buy discounted at an OLGS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that only the standard version of the game will be available at retail later. So if you see anything that says it is only available in the deluxe edition (i.e. drones, extra pilots) then you can consider those as kickstarter exclusives sort of. They should be available on gamelyn's website but at more than you will be pledging for on kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is "deluxe content" (drones, elite pilots, box sleeve) which will not be offered through regular distribution. See just above the "Game Overview" section of the Kickstarter page.

--edit--> what he said up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Even if you don't back the kickstarter, you can still get deluxe content (in limited supply) through Gamelyn Games website and various other means.

That's just the way they operate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
What other means? If not available through OLGS then I should buy thru KS then. $9 USD to Canada shipping is kinda high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't back TEK, TEK:HC, TED, or TEG when they came out but I did go after the deluxe content.

The Cost of the game and the deluxe content for OLGS cost about the same as backing the game now and then I had to take care of shipping.

So my logic is: I like this game, this looks like a good expansion, why not back it now?

So I did.

Though you did just solve my dilemma on how to save some money on getting the updated cards and tokens from TEG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:
What other means? If not available through OLGS then I should buy thru KS then. $9 USD to Canada shipping is kinda high.

You can purchase most (if not all) of the deluxe additional content here on BGG through the Geek Store.

The difference is that you pay $8 for the deluxe content (compared to the $6 difference if you had simply backed the deluxe version of most of the games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.