$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: PIlgrims - what's the point of your crystal pool in a beginner game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to figure this out. You have two ways to add crystals to "your pool" - via your passive Data Extraction (default) skill and the Harvester building.

But if you're playing a beginner game, you only have your default skill, so you don't have anything to spend the crystals on. According to the FAQ, the crystals don't score

So what's the point? What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
Trying to figure this out. You have two ways to add crystals to "your pool" - via your passive Data Extraction (default) skill and the Harvester building.

But if you're playing a beginner game, you only have your default skill, so you don't have anything to spend the crystals on. According to the FAQ, the crystals don't score

Hi -- the default Pilgrim skill says (paraphrasing): Discard one Crystal from Pool. Score 1 VP for every remaining Crystal in Pool.

So, if you have 6 crystals in pool when you use it, you discard one and score 5 points.

If you use structures to flood that pool, you can earn mega points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

Hi -- the default Pilgrim skill says (paraphrasing): Discard one Crystal from Pool. Score 1 VP for every remaining Crystal in Pool.

So, if you have 6 crystals in pool when you use it, you discard one and score 5 points.

If you use structures to flood that pool, you can earn mega points.

Yep, that's what it says. I'm an idiot and for some reason thought Data Extraction was the default skill, because it was on top of the stack.

A+ for my reading skills!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.