Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Knapp
United States
Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this is ok to post in here. I have downloaded the Eldritch Companion app but I can't for the life of me figure out the controls and how to interact with the app properly. The author says if you click on the text you completed it will finish that card and put it in the discard but almost all the cards I have tried that on don't work and will be the same card when I click on that encounter type again. Some cards won't let me click on anything.

It's confusing because I can sometimes scroll to the next card and click on something and it works fine, but the first card that pops up won't work.

I'm guessing it's user error but there doesn't appear to be any instructions anywhere.

Edit: And of course as soon as I make the post I figure it out.

I'll leave this here for anyone else having trouble: click NEXT to the text, not on it. For whatever reason if I click right next to the text I completed it sends the card to the discard pile every time like it should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The apps works just fine in my case. My group doesn't like to use it though. They prefer to read the text (next player doing the encounter, the rest are read by the active investigator player).

From what I can remember, choose an encounter card, tap on the location after you roll a test. That's it, the encounter goes to the discard section, which you could tap to browse your previous selection.

Be sure to scroll up and down, maybe you missed a page below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know what you're talking about. Try this: Why you complete an encounter, don't just tap, but press and hold for a second or two. That does the trick for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Where is this companion app, and what is it called?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

I do not know the name but it is only available for android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

I do not know the name but it is only available for android.

Ahh, ok.

It would be nice to have something that keeps track of reckonings for me. They're pretty easy to spot, but by the end of a game the table starts getting really crowded- it would be cool to just swipe through them and reconcile their effects. Not sure if the app does that or not, but I have iOS so I guess it doesn't really matter for me anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app is just called Eldritch Companion. The only thing it does is draws encounter cards for you to resolve so you don't have to put any encounter cards out on the table. It saves setup and breakdown time and table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Has anyone tried running Eldritch Companion with a free Android emulator on Windows? If so, could you please recommend the emulator that you used and explain if it was easy to set up or not? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the app for a full game today for the first time. It really is great. It saves a lot of shuffling during setup and it saves a lot of table space (although it didn't help me defeat Ithaqua haha). Definitely recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started just playing solo games on Vassal. No shuffling, no setup, no table space. So nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.