Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adam,

The Jihadist bot just played a 2-Op card for Minor Jihad in Pakistan, and now has an Op left over for Radicalization. No WMDs are available yet, so it moves past that priority. US is Hard, and there is no GWOT penalty, so it will try and Travel. Afghanistan is the Travel From country, so just need to pick the Travel To destination.

So, as I move down the Travel To priorities, I get to Fair, of which there are 6 untested countries. Now, do I roll randomly between them? Or do I continue down the hierarchy? Is the Travel To country:

a. A randomly selected country from the 6 Fair, non-Muslim countries

b. Russia

This reminds me of COIN games, and the Nested versus Sequential priorities. There, I would stop at the first priority that yielded a result, and roll randomly if more than one. That's why I suspect the answer above is a. But then when I look at the priorities list, I wonder how one could ever reach some of the options, if that were the case, and so it made me think that I should continue until the Priorities gave me a single answer.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Colin,

You should continue down the table until only a single country remains. If you reach the end and still have more than one possibility, then you choose randomly among them.

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam,

I'm confused... Am I to interpret your comment to be referring to Rule 12.3.12 - Multiple Possibilities ?

I totally misread rule then.. I figured Colin's "A" option was the way to go. So, what if you make it to the bottom, and there's no single target, which countries are considered to be "remaining candidates"?

Thanks,

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
The Jihadist bot just played a 2-Op card for Minor Jihad in Pakistan, and now has an Op left over for Radicalization. No WMDs are available yet, so it moves past that priority. US is Hard, and there is no GWOT penalty, so it will try and Travel. Afghanistan is the Travel From country, so just need to pick the Travel To destination.

Just out of curiosity, why did you not have to travel to the US? Isn't that the first "non-Muslim" country in the priorities table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smittyohio wrote:
ColintheFlea wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why did you not have to travel to the US? Isn't that the first "non-Muslim" country in the priorities table?

Good question. It was an Event that triggered the priorities check, and the requirement was an unmarked non-Muslim country. As the US starts as Hard, I skipped that priority.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
smittyohio wrote:
ColintheFlea wrote:

Good question. It was an Event that triggered the priorities check, and the requirement was an unmarked non-Muslim country. As the US starts as Hard, I skipped that priority.

Thanks,

Colin

I thought you were doing Radicalization?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smittyohio wrote:

Ah, yes, you are right, I got mixed up. Still, the result is the same. The Travel To must be Unmarked. The US is marked, so you skip it.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
smittyohio wrote:

Ah, yes, you are right, I got mixed up. Still, the result is the same. The Travel To must be Unmarked. The US is marked, so you skip it.

Colin

Oh, duh. Got it. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
smittyohio wrote:
Adam,

I'm confused... Am I to interpret your comment to be referring to Rule 12.3.12 - Multiple Possibilities ?

I totally misread rule then.. I figured Colin's "A" option was the way to go. So, what if you make it to the bottom, and there's no single target, which countries are considered to be "remaining candidates"?

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Sorry I missed your question until now. When performing an Operation (including those of Radicalization), use the first bullet of 12.4.2 as your guide. If you are using the Priorities Table and make it to the bottom and there are still multiple countries with equal priority, then select randomly. Basically, you are using the Priorities Tables to remove countries from the pool of potential targets by moving down the list until a single country remains or you have reached the end.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a general follow up question here. What was the design reasoning to sometimes have the bot use the OpP, then Priorities Table, and other times, go straight to the Priorities Table? I ask, as it would have been easier to remember if it always went to the OpP first, so I'm assuming there was some design intent as to why it doesn't. I'm just not good enough at the game to be able to infer intent yet.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.