$30.00
James Mapes
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
PRESS RELEASE: SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2016

Innovative Board Game On Track for Funded Kickstarter

Rift: Saga of a Dying World is a new and innovative board game from the mind of James Mapes. It features a colorful cast of characters and original art that evokes 90’s anime like Dragonball Z. The game is built around a randomized board that changes and evolves over the course of the game, a well-rounded and balanced combat system, and an exciting pace of gameplay.

In its first three weeks of funding, Rift: Saga of a Dying World has had an impressive turn-out of backers from all over the world, attracted by its novel mechanics and impressive character art. With ten days remaining, the highest backer reward is sold out, there are solid shows of support at all backer levels, and plenty of campaign communication.Copies of Rift will be available to backers at the $30 level and higher.

The Characters

Players take control of an immortal warrior who has come to claim the power of the Rift, each featuring their own unique abilities. Over-the-top characters like Robo-Mob, Astra of the Vine, and the Ultra Warrior Morgana are fleshed out with interesting details, and excellently illustrated by comic artist Emily Block.

The Mechanics

Rift is an arena-combat game about controlling the Mega-Rift, an outpouring of cosmic power at the center of the map, and eliminating opponents. Each turn, players choose a card from their hand to be their action; these cards allow them to move, attack, or charge-up powerful special abilities. If a player takes damage, they have to discard that many cards. Over the course of the game a web of charge-ups, changes to the board, and a fluid turn order feed into an exciting, action-packed, and strategic experience.

Independent and Inexpensive

Rift is being produced by James Mapes under the company name Fly Paper Games. Based out of Portland, Oregon, its mission is simply to create beautiful games that are fun to play. If successfully funded, Rift: Saga of a Dying World will be its first offering. The Kickstarter campaign runs until 9:00pm on October 8th, 2016.

Campaign URL: www.kickstarter.com/projects/202388949/rift-saga-of-a-dying-...

Company Webpage: flypapergames.com

For all inquiries please contact: flypapergames@gmail.com

###

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Keith

Georgia
msg tools
I was liking a lot of the designs and overall look here but when I saw the colored one I wasa little less impressed with that one overall. May be the head but the style is still good to me.

The only other issue for me is I am not seeing much art work to really have more of an opinion on it. Good luck on getting more backers, wish you success!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.