Popular Tags: spain [+] flgs [+] [View All]
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're going to be in Barcelona for a day a couple of weeks from now. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a game and/or toy store that's easy to get to. We'll be on a cruise ship, so something that's not hard to get to from the port and downtown areas would be good.

We'll also be in Cadiz and Gibraltar if anyone has reccomendations for them.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, I've never been there, but I guess Gigamesh is a pretty decent games source. I'm not sure where it is, but I recall a friend talking about it near the centre. Anyway, that's the address, which should be a matter of minutes in Google Maps or so:

Gigamesh
Paseo San Juan, 2, local 5 (esq. Av. Vilanova)
08010 Barcelona

Hope it fulfills your request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of the games that sound interesting that you can only get in Barcelona seem to be published by the city itself. A big plus is that all of these games seem to be in Catalan. Who wouldn't want a game with an "ela geminada"?!

I mean games like Pròxima Obertura, La meva col·lecció and Agora Barcelona - would game stores have these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

One question Victor, that address you gave me for Gigamesh doesn't match the one I found following Bas' link. Any idea which one is the current address?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the bookstore section just moved across the street, so the address that Victor gave is the right one.

I'm not sure if the street sign will be in Spanish or in Catalan. Just in case - Paseo San Juan would be called "Passeig Sant Joan".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Germ
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mb

Gigamesh is a great store, though they do take big markup. I went the other day and now they've moved their games only section around the corner from the Arc de Triomf Metro stop.

There's no guarantee that they'll have one of these Catalan games though. It seems like they hold their stock on some kind of one-at-a-time policy, and I don't remember ever seeing Agora there.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roee Anuar
Israel
Givatayim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gigamesh has changed location.
The new address:
Carrer De Bailen 8
It's about 200m from the previous location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.