Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep wondering how do those guys get stuff at the same time or before anyone else? It is really strange. Especially since most widely known channels have none of it this early.

It is also weird, because review quality is not great (my personal opinion). It's good for seeing what the game/expansion is, but not critically very sound in my opinion so far.

Who is funding them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Who is funding them?

They're sponsored by TMG (Tasty Minstrel Games). It says it at the end of all their videos.

I personally think Man vs Meeple are the best reviewers out there. Tired of looking at a scruffy man in his lounge standing in front of a shelf of board games.

Also, I much prefer an overview with a final thoughts (a la Rahdo) as opposed to an opinion piece; I want to be able to make my own mind up. They do a great service to the community - a professional one it deserves.

PS. Very stoked for Invaders from Afar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
Also, I much prefer an overview with a final thoughts (a la Rahdo) as opposed to an opinion piece; I want to be able to make my own mind up.

Final Thoughts is an opinion piece, and last time I watched a Rahdo video he was giving his opinion on the various mechanics as he played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprise!
Trade is getting some bottom row coin love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want that insert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
I want that insert!

Mine shipped today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looked at my YouTube subscriptions this morning and was surprised to see that even Rhett and Link are celebrating the new factions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got a few advance copies of the expansion, and we sent one to Man vs. Meeple. I've only known about them for a few months, but I think the quality of their videos is fantastic, so I wanted to get one of our games on their channel (they reviewed Scythe, but it was their own copy, not a review copy sent by me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
I, too, would like to review an advance copy of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
We got a few advance copies of the expansion, and we sent one to Man vs. Meeple. I've only known about them for a few months, but I think the quality of their videos is fantastic, so I wanted to get one of our games on their channel (they reviewed Scythe, but it was their own copy, not a review copy sent by me).

FYI, they've only been around for a few months. Jeremy had an extremely popular series of game review videos a few years back called Components Breakdown that went on hiatus for a long time. When he finally revived his channel this summer, it took the form of Man vs. Meeple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Thanks Shawn. I think I found them shortly before or after Gen Con, and I found that their format made me want to watch whether or not I was interested in the specific game they were reviewing. That's usually a sign of a great reviewer (at least for me!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.